alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: What did you do at your saw mill today?  (Read 15590 times)

Offline kbeitz

• Collector and builder of many things.
  • Major Contributor
  • Topics: 8
  • Referrals: 0
Re: What did you do at your saw mill today?
« Reply #400 on: June 07, 2019, 03:19:02 AM »
They will eat up all the fish out of your pond and I got a small dog thats already missing one leg. They are a very dangerous mouth snapping appendage reducing I don't care what I bite animal. Nasty....   
Home made band saw mill.
Machine shop.
Wood work shop.
Weld shop.
Collector of mechanical things

Offline A.O.

• Senior Contributor
  • Topics: 19
« Reply #401 on: June 07, 2019, 06:21:16 AM »
They will eat up all the fish out of your pond and I got a small dog thats already missing one leg. They are a very dangerous mouth snapping appendage reducing I don't care what I bite animal. Nasty....

They will definitely NOT eat up all the fish in your pond, but they will clean up the sick and dying ones.. I'm a turtle fan... and have lots of them in my ponds, AND lots of fish!

Offline kbeitz

• Collector and builder of many things.
  • Major Contributor
  • Topics: 8
« Reply #402 on: June 08, 2019, 08:02:17 PM »
Sorry to differ. But any farmer in our area tells any pond owner to shoot the snappers or they will clean you out. Sorry but I've seen it happen. I love turtles but not snappers. Anything as mean as a snapper wont live on my farm. I'll help a normal turtle off the road any day... a snapper I'll drive over it...

Snapping turtles are carnivores and will eat anything they can take a bite out of.

Snapping turtles kill other turtles by decapitation.

They will kill all you'r ducks and geese...

They eat my frogs... Much rather have frogs...

Snapping turtles are blamed for the deaths of aquatic birds.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 08:17:19 PM by kbeitz »
Home made band saw mill.
Machine shop.
Wood work shop.
Weld shop.
Collector of mechanical things