alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: D 13000 Cat sold!  (Read 5998 times)

Offline moodnacreek

• Major Contributor
D 13000 Cat sold!
« on: March 27, 2020, 06:58:19 PM »
Got lucky today. Have a young feller that bought a Turner pony ball and roller sawmill and tried to run it with a 30 hp tractor pto thru a crossed belt set up. He now owns a d8 cat power unit, 154 hp @ 1100 rpm. I threw in a set of 6C  V pullies and 6 c144 belts and a bunch of other stuff. I had enough parts to put another mill together but nobody wants one. I am the only working sawmill left in the county as far as I know. I am very exited about this young man. He does not want a woodmizer! If it wasn't for this damn virus [can I say that here?]  We could have sawed 8' white pine that was on the deck today but we had to keep away from each other. I thought all my old sawmill stuff would have to get junked but know there is hope.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
Re: D 13000 Cat sold!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 06:59:06 AM »
Cool story.  I think that sawyers are a different breed altogether anyways and therefore there ain't many around.  This guy you found is one in a million probably. 

K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 07:18:16 PM »
Its the old story what goes around comes around. Us guys with circular mill are few and far between. Band mills are quick and easy to set up with a short learning curve, portable relatively quiet and average Joe muff can run them. Circular mills are a minor industry, noisy and persnickety to set up properly. If someone has the tenacity and skill to set up an old circular mill it can be the best buy and cut with the best band mills. I've got both but enjoy the circular mill most, getting real tough to find a Hammersmith without a long drive. I'm tempted to start wailing on the saw myself.

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 05:42:40 AM »
I loved my Meadows mill....but it is way easier to deal with a bandmill, especially if you saw alone. I miss it and I don't.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 08:00:33 AM »
Moodnacreek - [can I say that here?]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, you can say that and much more here and not worry about sheeple admins giving you a hard time for speaking truth!
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2020, 09:42:22 PM »
Amen.  Great place.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools