alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: The Little Guy Wins One  (Read 8800 times)

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
The Little Guy Wins One
« on: August 06, 2011, 09:33:28 PM »

Y'all don't know this, but, I'm deeply into Alternative Energy, and, Electric Transportation. I'm about to start my first Build of a Solar Panel, to start charging Batteries I have slowly gathered. I have 4 APC UPS's to use as inverters, for what little AC current we need in our house.

I have a stream and have built 2 small dams. That will give us enough current to help charge when the sun is not bright.

I have constructed a small Wind Turbine, as a test for this area. Now, I will begin construction of a larger one. We do get some nice breezes up on our hilltop. I am also building LED lights. All this stuff will be run on 12V DC current.

I'm also experimenting on converting Automotive Alternators into motors. Some are much better suited than others.

BIG thing I am into, is, building an electric Bicycle. I have a crate due to arrive here any day now. It has tools and Batteries, and chargers and all sorts of stuff I have been collecting, in Fl.  Along these lines, I also have drawn plans for a leaning reverse trike Motorcycle, to be also powered by electricity. I have the complete rear wheel, gearbox, swing arm suspension, the motor, all in Fl., 1 front wheel for now, that I will use temporarily for the rear wheel of the e-bike, and some other goodies in that same crate.

All this leads up to this thread title.

I am also a member of Endless-Sphere forum, the best site on the Internet for all things E-Powered. Guys have built 80 MPH Bicycles, E-motorcycles, and, many have commuter bikes for running errands, getting to and from work, and anything else needed. One guy owns an E-Motorcycle race team, and won first time out.

Well, yesterday, there was a Hostile takeover of the site. Some uninformed gent bought the site out from under us members, due to another persons advice.

Suffice it to say that the members put up such a fuss and threats to ruin the site, and a few actually started to delete content, that we got stopped, and put so much pressure on the Vampires that wanted to MONETIZE the site, with all sorts of ads, mostly from unscrupulous Chinese Vendors and other con artists, that the new owner is, at this moment, getting ready to sell the site to the members, probably at a reduced price. If not, the site will be trashed, and worthless.

All this, because the site was meant to ALWAYS be open source and free to all. There are some VERY educated and smart Engineers, Computer techs, software language engineers, machinists, electrical people, contractors, the list is endless, that all agreed to smash Corporate America, one step at a time.

Over the course of 26 hours, there were 25 pages all in 1 thread, started after word about the takeover was released. Some of the posts were deleted, until the owner realized he was playing with a MOB, that would end the site with all sorts of ideas, all legal, although under handed.

He and his sock puppet buddy backed down VERY quickly and decided to give in.

SCORE ONE FOR THE LITTLE GUYS.  >:D >:D :D :D

NOW, if the rest of the USA would act the same way, the stinking Corporate thieves and their sock puppet politicians would have their greedy mitts full of problems.  ::) :) :) :) :)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: The Little Guy Wins One
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 09:47:50 PM »
Sounds like the same crap that goes on with another site I use to visit ;)

Harold, what do you mean by turning an alternator into a motore?  Forgive my ignorance on this as I am just now gather stuff for a solar panel project to work on getting off the grid here. 

I have seen some wind powered fans that turn an alternator for power to charge batteries but never heard of one convertated to a motor.  Please educate the idiots like me!  ;D
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 10:08:52 PM »
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 10:30:50 PM »

Where the hell did my large reply get to ??? I wrote a small book, describing everything, basically, for you to read ???  >:( >:( >:(

Yes, that soda bottle through the roof is interesting, except, it don't work so pretty good, after sunset.

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 10:42:39 PM »

I will do another post, tomorrow. I'm beat from all the tension and frustration of the past 2 days.

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 07:40:30 AM »

Mornin all

Todays lesson will be "How to stop being ravaged by Power Companies".  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kirk, here is a link to a good thread, where a guy from Indonesia, built a go cart for his kids, using an Alternator. IF this is done correctly, you also get Regenerative Braking, which will use the Altermotor as it puts drag on the vehicle, going down hill or just normal slowing down, same effect as your vehicles engine.

There needs to be some Electronic devices installed, to prevent burning up controllers and such. This is my short coming. I'm not good at electronics.

A guy named Randy Draper has converted several Alternators, but, he acts more like a salesman for a company, stating to use their parts, so, many GURU types, bash him, badly.

You will need to go to endless-sphere.com, and type in this title in the search engine. 
 e-Buggy: Alternator Conversion

Plenty of info on the Internet. I wrote, in the missing post that is lost, Radio Controlled Hobby Car controllers are well suited for use in Altermotors, and, a servo tester will make a good throttle control.

First, read this stuff, then, get a working Delco ,or, better yet, a Denso Alternator, used on Toyotas. They are well suited to make a motor.