alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Cool Cherry  (Read 12941 times)

Offline JP Sinclair

• Major Contributor
Cool Cherry
« on: February 14, 2008, 02:30:11 PM »
My mill operations have gone to almost completely figured woods.  I have such a blast working with this unique stuff.  If I had to make a batch of 2X4's now it would drive me crazy.  I found a neat old cherry log that had awesome black pitch runs in it.  A woodworker customer is making some raised panel dressers that I'll post when he's done.  The cherry below is being used for the panels on the sides, real neat look.

Offline JP Sinclair

• Major Contributor
Re: Cool Cherry
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 02:32:40 PM »
I'm getting the same way with my flooring.  Not that if someone likes the uniform look of quartersawn oak they shouldn't buy it, but I'm into the pieces that show some real character. 

Offline JP Sinclair

• Major Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 02:39:32 PM »
Why am I getting the locked icon?

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 05:23:59 PM »
What is the "locked" icon?  Dont know excatly what your seeing.  Everything seems to be working on the system?
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline JP Sinclair

• Major Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 03:22:45 PM »
When you back out to the Woodworking section that shows all the posts under that catagory, if you look all the way to the right under my topic : Cool cherry, there is an icon with a little padlock.  Down below it says the icon stands for locked and there is a red X.  I'm sure it probably is nothing, I don't know much about deeper computer stuff, just want to make sure I'm not screwing something up..

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 06:19:35 PM »
Should be fixed.  The permissions were checked meaning you could have locked the topic, or removed it and that is why you could see the padlock and red X. 

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline JP Sinclair

• Major Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2008, 08:48:49 AM »
Gotcha-I had to back out and re-size the photos.  That probably did it.  Thanks Kirk -

Offline ironwood

• New Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 08:16:03 PM »
That would be cherry gumosis. We call it gum stain regionally, and it is hard to find in consisent run. Rarest of all the woods I find.

Ironwood

Offline JP Sinclair

• Major Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 12:30:58 PM »
I noticed that I get it best in real old cherry logs.  A guy came and bought the three nice bookmatch boards that had tons of that gum stain.  It's supposed to come back to life as a tabletop, he assures me a pic will come my way.