alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: 2 a.m. phone call  (Read 8867 times)

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
2 a.m. phone call
« on: September 08, 2011, 10:34:25 PM »
I received a phone call, late this afternoon from Norway.  What a delightful conversation and honor to have a member from this forum wait until 2 a.m. his time to call me a 5 p.m. my time and talk for a half hour.  Thank you, Frank! ;D ;D

Offline LeFranck

• Major Contributor
Re: 2 a.m. phone call
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 12:18:34 PM »
That call was indeed very interesting Frank. ;D
We found out the electrical problem we had on the MD in Bondo. One of the fuses blew all the time and made the engine to shut down. The problem was the water cooler pump for the saw blade. It was jammed. Willy had to fix it and its now running good.
Why the water pump issue made the engine to shut down is a mystery to me.
I thought that it was a problem with the wiring for the remote shut-down that made the problem.
Frank Thoresen

Mobile Dimension Saw 128

Pictures: www.flickr.com/photos/focusbondo/

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 08:58:59 PM »
If its belt driven then a bad bearing will freeze up even a V-8 Engine.  Changed a water pump for the owner of the lodge we Elk hunted at last year for this very problem.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline LeFranck

• Major Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 04:12:38 AM »
If its belt driven then a bad bearing will freeze up even a V-8 Engine.  Changed a water pump for the owner of the lodge we Elk hunted at last year for this very problem.

This MD is brand new, so it is a hydro. It has been sawing for 2 months now. The water pump is electrical driven, not driven by a belt. We'll have to keep an eye on that water pump.
Frank Thoresen

Mobile Dimension Saw 128

Pictures: www.flickr.com/photos/focusbondo/