alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: modify  (Read 11621 times)

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
modify
« on: February 14, 2008, 06:31:35 PM »
so are we soposed to have a modify or edit option
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: modify
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 07:44:33 PM »
Yes.  Modify is on for everyone. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 08:14:48 AM »
ok its there now thanks
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

test

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 09:48:02 AM »
Ok, the modify button "should" be on for everyone.  There was a permission selected that should not have been and that is what was screwing things up.............I think ;D

Let me know if you dont see a modify button in your posts.

We will in the near future set a time limit on the modify option and more than lilkely it will be several hours or maybe even a day.  Not sure yet.  Trying to weigh all the possibilities. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 09:52:33 AM by KEA »

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 09:24:44 AM »
Modify button should be on for everyone.  You will have 2 hours to modify your post.  After that the option to modify is removed for that particular post.  If you feel that is not enough time, or even to much time let us know. 

Thanks

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 05:36:45 PM »
I know this is old but the thought had occurred to me just recently, so this is a test,, 
Wow, I never noticed it before, the time I wanted to add must have been past the 2 hr mark,, cool, thanks,,

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 10:26:07 AM »
You fellers that run this forum - you sure put in a lot of time and energy for us to enjoy for free.  Thank you.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2018, 01:00:56 PM »
OX, don't be fooled.  I bet I don't spend more than 20hrs in a year maintaining this site.  They ALL pretty much run on their own, contrary to the common pitty parties you hear about from other sites.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 10:39:41 AM »
Well, I consider 20 hours a year a good amount of time to donate for free.

I also consider the monies that have to be paid pretty significant. 

It's awesome that you guys do this for free for all of us and again, I say thank you.

I'm also grateful for the eye opening since the FF days.  I'm so glad to be out of there.  I believe things happen for a reason and so, by not backing down and refusing to be bullied, I got booted and so ended up here.  This is a good thing! 

Did you ever watch the Pixars cartoon movie "Cars"?  I did - kind of entertaining even for adults, thankfully, as your kids want to watch it after they get the movie for Christmas years ago.  Anyway, there's one part when the town's cars had the race car in handcuffs (it was a tire boot because the characters in this movie are cars that act like people) and they were taking it off so he can serve his penalty which is paving a road he tore up and he needs all his tires to pull the paver for his punishment.  As soon as the tire boot hits the ground the race car is off like a rocket, poof disappeared.  All you see is a dust trail and a receding roaring engine noise.  Way off in the distance you hear him yell happily "FREEEEEEEEdooooommmmmm.........!" receding into the distance.  Funny as hell and makes me think of this.

I can see all of that clear as day and I hope I explained and described it well enough to give you at least a little chuckle.  Hopefully you've seen the movie, then you can relive it and hopefully chuckle again!
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 03:19:25 PM »
Thanks, OX,  Definitely brought chuckles. Have seen the movie and what you describe fits perfectly here.