alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Cabin For Sale in Brackettville, Texas  (Read 8268 times)

Offline Mickey Hubert

• New Contributor
Cabin For Sale in Brackettville, Texas
« on: September 25, 2011, 12:26:50 PM »
Hello,
Just joined, been reading all the posts for the last few days and have really enjoyed all the information.  I saw a house for sale so I decided to post mine as well.  Let me get this out of the way before I get into the good stuff.
I live in Brackettville, Texas and retired a couple of yrs ago.  I built a cabin here from 200 yr old pondarosa pine from my farm back in East Texas. The least butt was 38".  A friend of mine there had a WM40HD and cut mainly cedar for craft wood. I think the hired help cussed me everytime I pulled up with those big logs!  He milled all the lumber for my cabin and I hauled 300 miles to Brackettville.  That is when I got hooked on saw milling.  I bought some land back in East Texas and plan on building me another one but with my own mill.  This cabin is really a beautiful home and is as solid as they come.  It took me 7 yrs to build as I`m not a carpenter by trade but did it all myself.  Hand sanded all the 2X12s and 3X12s inside the cabin.  It sits on 1 acre, has a 20X30 (concrete) fish pond (68,000 gals), hot tub. outside bar and kitchen area.  It appraised for $169,500 recently but due to this current market I am asking $128,500 and will dicker on that if serious.  I have attached pics and can email me at mickey_hubert@sbcglobal.net if interested. Feel free to pass around ............go to the attached link for the pictures..........thanks

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.118221758267383.25419.100002386797871&l=b99c9b775f&type=1         

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Re: Cabin For Sale in Brackettville, Texas
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 06:18:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you join our little group.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Mickey Hubert

• New Contributor
Re: Cabin For Sale in Brackettville, Texas
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 07:01:02 PM »
Thank you very much, I have certainly enjoyed it.