alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Todays fun with some Hickory  (Read 6348 times)

Offline SDB777

• Senior Contributor
Todays fun with some Hickory
« on: November 12, 2011, 04:52:16 PM »
Had a wonderfully tiring morning, started the day just like every other day off....up at the crack of darkness and fired up the coffee pot(11cups).  After that was cleaned out threw a few slices of toast in the maker and BINGO! breakfast.

Loaded the truck, hooked up the trailer, took the Cherry logs off the trailer, and drove the few miles to the 'new place'!  Opening day of modern rifle started today here, and the deer were running for the city limits!  Saw four does, and two nice bucks cross the road(if I'd only been driving the Jeep, the pedal that was pressed would have been different).

8:00 photo's:

Two tanks of fuel/bar oil in the MS250, and one tanks of fuel in the 064.....presto!

10:00 photo's:

Much better, time for a water break!

10:45 photo's:

If anyone is wondering how I get these pieces into the trailer....simple!  Parbuckle them over the side with a Maasdam puller and tow strap.

11:30 photo's:

Loc calculator shows this meduim sized piece of Hickory weighing 1,400lbs!  I have two more logs remaining at the 'new place' that are going to be a little bigger....better eat some Wheaties(they still make those right?)

15:00 photo's:

Was going to show the set-up for taking the logs off the trailer, but I forgot to take photo's....duh!  I use a small 2,000lb ATV type winch on the front of my Jeep and just parbuckle them back over if they are heavy.  Maybe next time...
I'd shot video of some of these things I do, but I believe due to the time it takes, it'd be like watching paint dry.

That was my day....sorry, no photo's of my shower I took!

Scott (tired as a whipped pup now) B
Just got my website up/running:    www.slabsblanksandboards.com
Where I get 95% of my chainsaw needs:    www.pinnaclearboristsupplies.com/