alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Chainsaw mill...which one?  (Read 12757 times)

Offline SDB777

• Senior Contributor
Chainsaw mill...which one?
« on: June 10, 2010, 09:01:24 PM »
Just got the Alaskan Mill #777

Was wondering what other are using?

Scott (does it do the job) B
Just got my website up/running:    www.slabsblanksandboards.com
Where I get 95% of my chainsaw needs:    www.pinnaclearboristsupplies.com/

Offline kpantherpro

• Contributor
Re: Chainsaw mill...which one?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 09:31:41 AM »
i'm getting alot of good feedback from those who are using my mills, check them out at www.pantherpros.com, I think you'll find my pricing fair-excellant and my quality great. these mills are solid performers, they will more than "get the job done" integrity is great, cut quality is great, ease of use is great. very well balanced thought out designs. I do stand behind my mills 100%, right now I make three differant types.

Offline Gasaw

• New Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 01:58:25 PM »
I'm running an Alaskan MKIII and a Husky 3120 with 2',4'and 6' bars. To make small cants out of trees that are too large for my Woodmizer and to make natural edge table tops.

Offline LeFranck

• Major Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 02:48:39 PM »
Before I started my sawmill in DR Congo back in 2007 I checked out the Alaskan MKIII and Logosol Big Mill LSG.

I came in contact with the owners of Logosol in Sweden and visited the Norwegian branch of the company.
The impression I have of the company and their products is high.
The first 2 samill frames I bought in 2007 have been producing more that Logosol ever could imagine. We even modified the framework to fit up to 16'' hight cuts.

See my picture gallery for more pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/focusbondo/sets/

We are using bar sizes from 21'' to 59''. The chain saws are Stihl 070, 090-AV and SM 880.

I even visited Logosol in Sweden in 2009 and spoke with the owners about their product, the Big Mill LSG.
They had never seen the Big Mill LSG produced as much lumber as we did in just 2 years.
See the link for the Big Mill LSG: http://www.logosol.us/sawmills/big-mill-system/big-mill-lsg.html

The demand after sawm timber was growing more than we could produce. The result was a new Mobile Dimension in 2011.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 03:22:05 PM by LeFranck »
Frank Thoresen

Mobile Dimension Saw 128

Pictures: www.flickr.com/photos/focusbondo/

Offline soulwin

• New Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 08:26:12 AM »
Click on pantherpros.com and check us out!

I am disabled, I lost my right arm 5 yrs ago, and I use this chain sawmill WITHOUT ASSISTANCE!

We are a new start up company that is producing top quality chain saw mills. 
We do everything custom ordered, and provide outstanding service and products!

I would love to offer any advice or answer any questions here that anyone might have.

Please, if you have any advice, please feel free to send it to us.

Thanks for your time, and please ask any questions you may have.

Roger Mackbach
www.pantherpros.com

Offline kpantherpro

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 05:38:05 PM »
hey roger appreciate the input, you forgot to tell them we do a few differant styles, we do take pride in our work they are made right here in the U.S. and our pricing is much less than others, dollar for dollar we are a better mill, check our feedback, i will put mine against any in it's class. we'll be keeping our prices low for a while longer for a few reasons, one to help the customer get a great mill and save some hard earned cash, and two we want you to choose our mills so that you have a chance to use a good quality mill, there is a huge differance, i've had people pick up my mill use them, and tell me mine was much better than anything out there, and i want you to do the same, it's no fun to get a cheap mill (and sometimes not so cheap) that cuts like doodoo :( when you can get a mill that will cut accurately it will reduce your time planing or sanding compared to others out there, and you will produce more useable lumber, also check out my affordable milling article it may help to choose the right mill if your looking into a chainsaw mill. 
thanks and again please visit www.pantherpros.com if you try to contact me and don't get a reply promptly please call or use my e-mail address. also for a limited time through the website there is free shipping in the lower 48 states. Please help us get the word out. thanks

Offline kpantherpro

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 10:33:16 AM »
whoa... i think I owe all of you an apology, I went back and reread this post and it sounds to me as if i was trying to knock someone elses product, my sincerist apologies, yes i do want  to make sales, but i also want to educate user's on what's out there and how to mill, now not every mill is going to be right for every person, so if you are considering getting a mill please do your research, know your budget, your needs, be relistic on your expectations, and you should be happy with whatever you get, and if you get a moment check my mills out too.
thanks and God Bless