alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Butternut  (Read 6405 times)

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
Butternut
« on: August 08, 2012, 12:54:07 AM »
Sawed a butter nut in Salem town last week.  It was a "legacy" tree that had been planted about 100 years ago when the house it was behind was an implement shed.  It was the most difficult location that I have ever sawed in.  Had to wheel the mill through a gate and then through a fence that was down.  The tree had over a 100 foot spread before it started dieing.  I cut the stump off at near ground level to recover the wood and the center was rotten down 20" below the cut,  Can you say root rot?

Stump was 46" across at the widest.  These are pictures of the second cut.  First cut was in the neighbors yard.

It looks like the images are too small from this point but I'm going to go ahead and post this.  I cut about 26 inches of stump off but left the back 1/3 as the tree had grown around a steel fence post and I didn't want to get any where near it.  the but cut, other side of the fence, had only three metal hooks in it that the lady had put there to hang a hammock.  I just shortened the log and refused to get near the metal.  Recent experience has made me real gun shy.
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: Butternut
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 06:33:19 PM »
You should be able to have the dimensions of 400x400 pixels and it will be a large picture in the post.

Looks like people are taking the pixel size down way to much.  

Your pixels are 119x78 which is why it turned out so small. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!