alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Costa Rica hunting ban  (Read 8871 times)

Offline Woodwalker

• Contributor
Costa Rica hunting ban
« on: October 03, 2012, 07:58:46 PM »
Harold, what's up with this? Says it's just sport hunting.

http://www.france24.com/en/20121003-costa-rica-set-ban-hunting-first-americas

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
Re: Costa Rica hunting ban
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 08:36:49 PM »

As we all know, the enviro-wackos want to stop ALL forms of recreation in the world. There is a BUNCH of enviro money sent to CR. Airports have glass aquariums set up as money drops. Rich kids and their mommies all support bans on killing animals, birds, fish, whatever, so the world can go back to it's original existance. PETA (People eating tasty animals)  >:D Is one of the biggest sponsors of this stupidity.

City people never get to see the effects of Mange, rabies, starvation, and other natural killers, to preserve the healthy population of species. Right now, in the USA, exists chronic wasting disease, that will cull the deer herds in the north, that have become overpopulated from stopping hunting, wherever possible.

We can no longer ship lumber out of Costa Rica, legally, because of the prohibition of the private company that instituted the ban on "RAINFOREST extermination". I can't remember the name of the company. It has affected ALL small countries, such as CR.

Costa Rica depends on Tourism, and, when one is in an airport, and see's the dirty, slovenly dressed tourists that come in for the "ECO-Tours", it is obvious what is taking place.

Out here, I have small trees being rubbed by buck deer. Not many, because the stupid locals kill them whenever they get the chance. Dogs run animals all night here.

The female President of CR is a joke. My wife knows the family, and, she HATES the Pres. When we were being invaded by Nicaragua, last year, the Pres was visiting Chaves, in Venezuela and also The Dictator of Colombia.

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.  Same as in the USA. Y'all are having the fresh water aquifers being bought up and y'all will be paying big prices for fresh clean water, or, y'all will go without. Check out That Texas Billionaire, the Oil Tycoon, that owns a LARGE chunk of the Ogallala Aquifer. In Texas, if you can drill into the water, it's free for the taking, TO SELL TO YOU AND YOURS. Can't remember the bastards name. He wants to control all electricity, gas, oil and water in Texas. T BOONE PICKETT is the pricks name.

Did I answer your question ?  ::) ;D

Offline Woodwalker

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 08:59:29 PM »
Round about I guess. From the news piece and from what your saying, locals can still hunt after the ban?
Pickins doesn't scare me near as much as all the Water Districts that have formed up around here. Pickins is going to sell to large industrial operations, cities, municipals' The water districts are going to install meters and charge you for the water pumped from your own wells. They have the power to limit the amount pumped. They also have taxing authority.     

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 09:03:09 PM »

:laugh: :laugh:  The locals don't pay any attention to rules or laws. They just don't care. You DID read that subsistence hunting was still OK, RIGHT ??  ::) ::)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 10:45:09 PM »
All I can say is Prepare!  ITS COMING!
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 07:54:57 AM »
 I have been looking for a good Reverse osmosis water system. I can put a couple 100 gallon tanks in the ground, collect massive amounts of rainwater, and have plenty of GOOD drinking water. If people would learn to conserve water, it would be a good thing.

I plan a generation system using rainwater, channeled to a small 9500 gallon pond I hand dug. From there, it will drop 75+feet down to a generator. After that, the discharge will be channeled to the water wheel pump system, that will add the discharge water to the spring fed creek, to pump water back up to the pond. Lots of piping needed, because the channeling will erode the ground and wash a lot of loose dirt into the pond.

So many projects, so little time and money.  ::) ::) ;D

Also looking for a .22 magnum revolver. Anybody know of a good deal ??

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 08:04:50 AM »
Let me know what your looking for and I should be able to get it for you at FFL cost. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 12:46:25 PM »
 .22 magnum revolver   ::) ::) ;D ;D  I can carry a shit load of cartridges in that caliber.  I have been away from guns for too long to know exactly what I want. Decent condition. Feels good in the hand. 6-7-8 round cylinder.  6" barrel or longer, so I can reach out and touch the bastards.  ;D ;D :laugh: :laugh:

I'm financially strapped, so, don't buy until I can give the OK. I'm buying a wad of batteries for my electric Bici-Moto I'm building. Pedals = NO registration, no tags, no inspection, no speed limit.  >:D >:D

I can also run the house on the batteries if I have to.