alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Pellet machine  (Read 54409 times)

Offline POC

• Contributor
Re: Pellet machine
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 07:52:09 PM »
They can only see about 18" in front of their noses.  The best way to kill one is shoting through the heart/lung area.  A head shot will almost always lead to them spraying.
I usually put them down with an injection of acetone into the heart.

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2010, 08:32:09 PM »
I will go get the mill,this next week and have it here, when you come around again.

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2010, 09:12:17 PM »
What mill did you/are you getting? 

Can I bring a friend?
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2010, 08:12:10 PM »
I was talking about the hammer mill.   I will give him a call and see where he has it stored.

Offline Gemco Machinery

• New Contributor
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2014, 08:57:46 PM »
Yes, it is a little bit wired for me to reply a post years ago however as a worker in a pellet mill manufacturing factory, I'd  like to share information about pellet mills.  :)
Here is the website of the reputable Chinese pellet mill manufacturer,http://www.biofuelmachines.com/Small-Pellet-Mill.html
If you have any other question, please contact me by
https://www.facebook.com/pages/AGICO-GROUP/166546160161262?ref=hl
https://plus.google.com/b/110665736930501496688/110665736930501496688/posts
https://twitter.com/AGICOGROUP1995

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2016, 06:23:25 AM »
Any of you studs made your own wood pelletizer. Their a simple design would just need to be made heavy duty. I'am told that in farm country feed pelletizers are common would they be built heavy enough.?? Thanks Frank C.

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 07:31:42 AM »
 I've done a lot of research. Biggest thing is getting the holes in the plate right. Second is getting the moisture % absolutely correct.

We are about to have tons of limbs and tops from our plantation thinning. I was wanting to use pellets to run a gasifier for the 20HP Honda that will not run on high $$$ gasoline, anymore. We have a species of tree that auto sheds limbs. It is light weight and dries quickly. Mixing that with wetter stuff could be done to keep moisture % at correct levels ??

Whatcha thinking, Frank ?

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2016, 07:45:43 PM »
Hal, just thinking out loud I'am up to my arse with sawdust just dumping it now. I think you right about the fussiness of the moisture. Also hear the bonding agents that should be added are costly. Probably be better off fishing or playing with the cat, don't need the money. Frank C.

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2016, 09:42:06 PM »

Bonding agents are not necessarily needed. The perforated plate needs to be brought up to temperature, then, the pressing of the wood heats the pellets and the steam generated from the pressing is what releases the lignum in the wood and makes the binder. That's mainly why moisture is somewhat critical.

I was thinking about commercial meat grinder plate for the pellet plate. Drilling all the holes twice in a blank plate can get old, depending on size of the mill.

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2016, 06:28:28 AM »
After the great oil shortage the gov. was giving out money like jelly beans to anyone with alternate energy ideas. I went west to the hills of Ma. to see a pellet making operation. I could not see into the machine but it looked like an old make and brake engine with a hopper and small piston the size of a pellet. It worked like a hay baler kept compressing the material ahead of the piston. I left unimpressed and they left too when the grants dried up. Frank C.