alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Attacked by a Machete  (Read 33693 times)

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
Attacked by a Machete
« on: October 06, 2012, 01:35:35 PM »

Last Sunday morning, I was way out back clearing a section of weeds and tall (think sugar cane tall), grass, when I got attacked by a machete. Hit the back side of my left thumb and feels like I cut the strings that are used for hitch hiking. Thumb won't raise up to that position, and, arm feels funny when I try to raise the thumb. It does work as pressure to hold things though.

Wrapped a long grass leaf around it and finished what I was working on. Went back yesterday and did some more, so I can plant a 1/8th acre of yellow dent for the chikkins. Corn is HIGH down here, IF you can find it. $14.00 /bushel, shelled.

Worse thing is, when I'm grinding steel, I keep catching the bandages on fire.  :o :o :o ::)

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
Re: Attacked by a Machete
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 04:32:30 PM »
Try duct tape LOL might not burn as easy.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 04:53:39 PM »
Gorilla Tape!

Hope you heal! 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 05:13:37 PM »

Just gonna say, it's tough to choose the meds when you are married to a top shelf nurse.  ::) ;D ;D

Should be able to slide the whole wad into welding gloves, tomorrow.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 06:04:45 AM »
Its tough when you get older you can't make the gracefull moves you used to, especially when it comes to tripping. I don't know whats worse the injury or the brow beating you get at home. Take care of yourself Hal were running low on old pharts. Frank C.

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 07:13:09 AM »
 Right on, Frank,  it gets tougher every year . amazingly, the thumb is getting to where it pulls back nearly as far as it used to, in the hitch-hikers position. my bride, the nurse, said it would, even though I pulled the cut off tendon from the cut.

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 09:15:38 AM »
Well three plus years on (post incident) and you have near full use/range of movement. That  is good.  It gets harder to heal as we get older and we don't heal near as fast.  After my bride tried to cut off my right index finger last year, I have almost but not quite gotten full movement back.  May never but the finger is attached to the hand so I am happy.  Accidents happen and she felt bad about it.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 12:17:05 PM »

Bet yer glad you ain't married to Lorena Bobbitt, eh ??  :D :D

Offline red oaks lumber

• Major Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 05:50:06 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh:
follow your heart, the rest will happen

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 07:21:00 PM »
Hal, if we weren't tough we wouldn't have made it this far. Frank C.