alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Timbery blades  (Read 12472 times)

Offline Larrywoodsaw

• New Contributor
Timbery blades
« on: May 29, 2013, 10:43:39 PM »
Has anyone used timbery blades? If so how are they? Thanks

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
Re: Timbery blades
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 10:32:07 AM »
I know squat about band blades but:

Looking at the web site for the mills I doubt very much that the blades are unique to "Timbery".  They are buying them from somebody and relabeling or at least just calling them there own.  Even the big players don't make their own blades but spec them from manufactures.

The price may be dead good but I have no ways of saying yea or nay on that.  Lots of hype from sawmill makers!  
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 10:41:04 AM by Stevem »
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 05:26:45 PM »

Didn't someone point out that WoodMizer was part owner of Timbery ??  Guess where the blades would come from, if that is true ?

Myself, I would never switch from Munksforsagers.

Also, I don't like the 19" dia wheels on most brands of mills. That just increases the amount of fatigue-breakage, so owners keep buying more before the old blades are worn out  ?

Offline Larrywoodsaw

• New Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 08:40:53 PM »
That's what I heard to is that wood mizer owns part of timbery. So most likely they are wood mizer blades. Reason I'm asking is because there is a timbery dealer here in Alberta and blades are a lot cheaper then ordering them through wood mizer and paying shipping costs.

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 06:17:28 AM »

Local has it's advantages. Who will sharpen them if you use them ?

I did our sharpening, so, who I got blades from did not matter.

Guess if I were you, I would try a couple of the local blades.

Menominee, in Michigan, sells the Munks blades, if you decide to try them.

Offline wade

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2013, 11:21:51 PM »
When I bought my 280 Timbery saw mill from a wood mizer dealer that carried them, I all so bought blades as part of the deal. They were made from wood mizer and the blades are working fine. I think they are 7 degree blades. They told me they all so re sharp them for around 7 bucks each but I have not used them all up yet. I set my portable mill onto a trailer and added hydraulics to turn and lift the log. That really made the job more fun. Hardly use the cant hook now.

Offline wade

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 11:28:50 PM »
Hello Haroldcr, sorry Ive not been on for a while. Ive been busy sawing after work. The weather has been good for me. My hydro set up really makes life more simple. Just haven't taken the time to figure out the right ways to post my set up but i will some time. I saw your photos of your log dog and mine is similar but some what different.

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 05:21:45 AM »

No problem, Wade.  Most of my posts are lightly humorous in nature. Just let folks that are posting, know, there are others that do read them. We don't always respond, though.  ;D