alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Advertising and posting of links  (Read 33189 times)

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Advertising and posting of links
« on: February 25, 2008, 08:20:32 AM »
We welcome anyone who wishes, to post their web page or advertising banner, as long as it is compatible to our core interest, sawmills, forestry, and woodworking. This is a free service since we are operating this as a community forum,  and are not looking to profit or pander to anyone. All we ask in return is a link back to us to help us grow.

As stated above, we will not charge anyone for advertising since the costs of a forum are actually very low, and it is a service and benefit to all members. If you would like a banner add placed, contact KEA...if you want to link your website, just add it at your profile as part of your signature. We hope this can help others, plus allow trade between forum members and guests who see and can use the links provided.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline JP Sinclair

• Major Contributor
Re: Advertising and posting of links
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 10:10:03 AM »
Very cool!!.  Now I need to get off my hind end and get the website done..... 8)

Offline BlackHills

• BlackHills
  • New Contributor
  • Working smart is harder than you think!
    • Rough Cut Sawmill & Lumber Co.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 01:28:41 AM »
Way to go Sawmill and Timber, I joined another TimberForum on line and was actually booted because I put a link to my website on the forum page..  Apparently they got real offended real fast, cause it was off like right now... come to find out the adminsitrator was a webmaster and apparently felt real threatened by my tallents or something, but I'm only interested in helping others.  By the way my portal is www.BlackHillsPortal.com and my sawmill site is www.RoughCutLumberCo.com

Will be back and support this forum.. love to provide imput and learn..

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 05:17:30 AM »
welcome some of us were booted for that years ago
i posted a link  to birkeys solar kiln website & asked what happened to kirk allen & got no anser just the boot
so i want to welcome you here
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline carver53f

• New Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 05:55:46 AM »
This is a great service.  Free advertising is the best way to help a small business grow and to help people new to processing their own timber to get to know the small businessmen. 
Thank you very much for making this offer that will help everyone in this forum.
I am one of the people that is tired of the big box stores that have crushed the small businessmen and applaud the unselfish opportunities that this forum offers.

Offline Carl Middleton

• Senior Contributor
    • www.bktimbermill.com
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 06:44:08 AM »
Boy, Kirk must have really pissed someone off  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 09:00:18 AM »
Boy, Kirk must have really pissed someone off  :laugh: :laugh:

Only a man who stole from me!   ;D

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 09:01:13 AM »
Thanks carver, your words are appreciated.

For those that may not know, this site is 100% paid for and their will NEVER be a request for financial support!

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 12:35:43 PM »
I'm on another site with pretty much that attitude but sent in $20 because I get that much out of it.  Got told I shouldn't have done that.  Seems I paid for half a year all by myself.
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 03:17:55 PM »
I think our total bill for the year is like $60 and its already covered with NO ONE taking ANYTHING out of their own pockets.

Offline Cksawmilling

• Ha ha Your from where?
  • New Contributor
    • Cksawmilling
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 11:49:23 PM »
Thank you very much to whom ever pays the $ for all of us to be here!  I would gladly contribute if needed.  By the way all of us who are tring to kick out the box stores need a place to do some networking. So again Im grateful.

Thank you ;)
Nothing in this world is free, so Lord give me enough common sence to make and honest living and provided for my family.

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 06:41:04 AM »
Another forum regularly cries about needing funds to operate....basically lying to and then stealing from the gullible to support a forum owner who is too lazy to work, but has found a wonderful way to live, by holding pity parties to obtain donations and advertising which he pockets......and you can tell from our tone, how we feel about thieves.

This forum is self funded, costs less then a meal out a few times a year, is legally owned by 3 of us, and as far as I am concerned, owned by all who use it, free to all members, and that is it in a nutshell......we are a small group who believes integrity is doing to the right thing no matter who is looking and not being ashamed to say it anytime.

We may not have a lot of members, and the post count is low, but you won't find a better group of guys who tell it like it is.  ;)
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 08:41:21 AM »
I got into it because I sent him a burl that was worth well over $200 for his personal self and not to be sold.  He turned around and sold the piece without letting me know.  I would rather have had him send the think back to me at my espense.  What a jerk.  I even was suckered into the purchasing of a quart of syrup that was auctioned off when he had the first round of suckering everyone with an auction.  That syrup cost me $115.  Alice was about to have me locked up in a padded room.

He had sent me one of his hats.  I still have the hat as a reminder of my being a sucker.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 11:53:41 AM »
I ended my connection when my business web site was corrupted with their own advertising link that took people away from our page and landed them on his. 

This was all done when I trusted them to take care of my web page.  Little did I know every page ended up having a DIRECT link to his site and this was all done without permission and without payment for using my site, which is something he charged everyone for to the tune of $15 a month just for ONE LINK.  This jerk put a link on EVERY page I had on my site!  That is theft! 

Offline kpantherpro

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 06:56:26 PM »
HEY guys met you all awhile back when you were just trying to get this forum up at a sawlex expo, back when I was trying to and still am trying to get some exposure on my chainsaw mills, well I got busy and hadn't had a proper website at the time, but it sounds like a fair trade... and I hope to change your headings to where you'll have a dedicated csm section, not all of us can afford them big fancy bandmills...lol but someday

Offline garrisondl

• New Contributor
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2019, 08:48:18 PM »
I am looking for advice in regards to advertising.  The who what where when, to late for when. What I actually am is a techie that has spent about 12 of my last years working in a sawmill in southern Missouri.  I am now setting up a company to do inventory management.  It is in the niche market of the sawmill industry.  So to my question.  I am curious which forum would be the best to advertise in?  I don't have a banner thingy yet.  I have a Kickstarter project that will be live on the evening of the first.  I also want feedback as to what people want in an Inventory management software package.  The url's are www.raptor-technologies.com which is the beginning of my web page and the Kickstarter page will be https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/raptor-technologies/sawmill-inventory-management-software

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2019, 05:01:34 PM »
I would suggest advertising on ANY of them that are free and be prepared to tow a certain line for those that charge call you a sponsor to their propaganda.