alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 6629 times)

Offline Ramhatch

• New Contributor
Hello all!
« on: May 08, 2014, 07:29:30 AM »
Hello all, I am new to the forum as well as new to milling.  I plan on buying a mill in the near future.  Leaning towards a Norwood HD 36.  I plan on building a house as well as a milling shed, drying shed.  Ill have lots of questions so if there's a good beginners post I'd love to have the link. 

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: Hello all!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 09:34:29 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  What part of the country are you from? 

Don't have any specific beginners posts to speak of but there is plenty of topics to pick from in the section particular to the type of mill you have. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Ramhatch

• New Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 09:53:56 AM »
Live in north east arkansas. 

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 08:56:59 PM »
I run through Jonesborough several times a year.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Post Oakie

• Major Contributor
  • Wonder, the "Log Dog"
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 09:55:24 AM »
You're welcome to come by & try out my HD36.  I'm in southwest Missouri (near Neosho).  There's also one I know of near West Plains.  Best advice at this point is to visit a mill and get some hands-on experience.  What are your plans for the mill?  What species/size logs?
Nothin' to it... nothin' to it, at all.  All a feller needs is a little brain and enough muscle to hold it off the ground.
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch