alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Happy Fathers Day milling!!!  (Read 5775 times)

Offline SDB777

• Senior Contributor
Happy Fathers Day milling!!!
« on: June 15, 2014, 04:42:00 PM »
After going to the south side of Cabot, and looking over some timber. Figured it was time to make some sawdust....yup, everything was right where I left it.

The half Green Ash log was not on the bunk of the mill, so I guessed that was as good of a place to start as any! Think it would have been easier 'lifting' the whole log, half logs don't roll well......and the Green Ash timber is really hard!

Love this sawmill! Those chunks sitting on the 4x6 bunk material?? Yup, 2-1/2" thick Green Ash slabs, the 'stickers' and some 1x5 lumber! Fun stuff, by the way....Green Ash is really hard!!! And pecking from the back of the 'stack' is the Jonsered 2094Turbo, waiting to be used for something.....just not today.

Another view of the 'junk'!!! Someone cleaned a little stuff in the shed too.

The wife thought that I was an idiot for standing out in the burning sun. Told me there was a perfectly good umbrella leaning against the house and I should use it. She walked over and said the post would slide right into the upright of the mill head.....now why didn't I think of that three years ago?

Scott (she's smarter then me, by a LOT) B
Just got my website up/running:    www.slabsblanksandboards.com
Where I get 95% of my chainsaw needs:    www.pinnaclearboristsupplies.com/

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
Re: Happy Fathers Day milling!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 10:43:41 AM »
Ah, the Mary Poppins option.  Should make transport easier.  Make that umbrella orange and sell it to Woodmizer!
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!