alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: forum  (Read 22945 times)

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
Re: forum
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2014, 08:16:20 PM »

Solar will be iffy at best. We get 9 months of rainy season, so, I need to develop wind, solar and Hydro. That's where my time is going these days. I have a bunch of solar cells to make up 3 panels of 140 watt output at 12V for charging batteries.

Trying to buy a used Chevy Volt car battery, online, but, they go fast as soon as they get listed. That will be half for my next 2 front wheel leaning motorcycle with inclement weather enclosure, and, the rest will be for the house.

Just finished up a 20A car alternator to permanent magnetic field. This way, no power is pushed into the rotor to excite it to make output. Tomorrow, try to spin it up and see if it works.

There is no real supply of plywood here for forms for concrete work, so, we planted 1/3 of the place to softwood, Giainaza and Seiba. A couple are about 15" dia and 60 feet tall for cut logs. We will cut anything above 12", which won't be a whole lot, for first thinning.