alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Reality shows on the tube  (Read 6724 times)

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
Reality shows on the tube
« on: January 06, 2015, 07:55:47 AM »

Other than the logging series, I also like to watch the Prospectors show. Problem is, how much of these shows are REALLY believable ?  Claim jumpers, REALLY ?  A little super sluthing and a shove off the mountain will stop that BS, in a heart beat.

People traveling alone ? WHO is doing the filming ? They never show all the people in base camp for back up.

The Gold programs are interesting, showing how most of the mining is done. I can see where most of the mistakes are made before they happen and a LOT of gold is not collected after screwups ??

I'm trying to get-stay in touch with BUZZ, but, he is so far remote, they have to pump in sunlight to him.  :laugh:

THAT is where I would like to have my last adventure. I have been to a real gold mine in Alaska, and found 4 oz with a metal detector. I have ideas Buzz and I talked about. Just need to get these trees down and sawn and sell the lumber, and, maybe the whole place, and be funded enough for this to happen. Alaska is VERY expensive, but, we discussed ways to cut this down quite a bit.

Wish he would get back to me.

I like Highway through hell. I always assess the situation and make a plan in my mind, how to approach each situation. Most of the time, my thoughts are right in line with the wreckers. Keeps the ole brain active.  ;D

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: Reality shows on the tube
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 08:27:14 AM »
I have tried him for months and no response.  I have a number but it always goes to voice mail and no return calls yet?
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 08:01:16 PM »
Where ids he generally located.  I have numerous past students up there and perhaps we could hassel him a bit. :angel:

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 06:00:56 AM »

Hi Frank
 I left messages on his phone also.

Kirk says he is located out in the boonies, at a cold mine camp. Last I talked with Buzz, he was way out southwest somewhere, with no phone or internet service.