alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Moving log yard and lumber yard  (Read 9457 times)

Offline backwoods sawyer

• Major Contributor
Moving log yard and lumber yard
« on: April 18, 2015, 10:04:01 PM »
Finally at a point in the divorce where I have access to my old log yard and lumber yard.
The ex sold the forklift and tractor, but I still have the boom truck and a small garden tractor.  
The boys are helping so moving logs has been going good. Got all the lumber moved and restacked and most of the logs moved and decked up. Got the top section of the sign down, still have to pull the uprights.
lost a heater hose on the main truck about mid day.

The spalted Alder had the most degrade in the lumber piles but the log decks are showing there age, most logs were a year or two old and been sitting for another three years being over grown with blackberry's.

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
Re: Moving log yard and lumber yard
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 12:57:04 AM »
Good that you are finally getting to take a step forward but sad to see the loss of timber that had potential.  Look forward not behind you.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline backwoods sawyer

• Major Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 11:00:57 AM »
A quick look at the wood shop or the automotive shop :o tells me I will be retooling ;)

Offline TnAndy

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 08:21:42 PM »
She got the gold mine, you got the shaft ?

Offline backwoods sawyer

• Major Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 12:00:22 AM »
She got that mine but that vein ran out :o
I keep finding color when I go panning ;)
Seems sawmilling is going to get in the way of moving logs, heading south about 100 miles in the morning for a couple days. Then the schedule stays busy for a while with a drive up the coast. Did get the grass mowed before dark ;D but the mill is boxed in with logs and boom truck that needs a new starter so hitching up will take longer then it should ::)

Offline 4x4American

• Major Contributor
    • my website
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 07:27:42 PM »
Glad you're getting back to it.  Did you get the other mill back?
2017 LT70 Super Wide with under 10,000hrs

www.KnightSawmilling.com

Offline backwoods sawyer

• Major Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 10:25:31 AM »
She had the bell saw and WM mills for six months in 2012.
Picked up the Cooks mill during that time then the judge ordered "tools of the trade" turned over (she complied with about half that list) so have been retooling just to get back up and running and the Cooks mill took a back burner. Will set the Cooks mill up semi stationary once everything is finalized.