alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: A Heavy Heart  (Read 6896 times)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
A Heavy Heart
« on: September 27, 2015, 01:46:47 PM »
Please Share! I wrote this this morning in about 30 minutes before heading to church. I have written a lot in my day but this article was one that for some strange reason had to be written and posted before I left this morning. I can say with all my heart these words compiled together were inspired from my maker like none I have ever written. Cant explain it, just know it is what it is.

http://edgarcountywatchdogs.com/2015/09/a-heavy-heart/
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
Re: A Heavy Heart
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 09:58:30 PM »

Sadly Kirk, you write the truth. Most people just don't care. They worship the almighty dollar.

Harold in CR

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 10:43:13 PM »
The problems you have in Ill seem enormous.  Oregon traditionally has had pretty clean government with the exception of a recent X governor.  But the corruption you speak of and the lack of prosecution runs all the to the White House.  How many bankers have gone to court?  The answer is ONE.  Banks and other financial institutions have "stolen" billions of dollars from their customers, been fined pennies on the dollar and haven't even had to admit guilt!  The corruption runs deep.  Our own president treats the laws he's charged with enforcing like multiple choice options. 

Have your read, "The Fourth Turning"?  It's time for a change and it will happen, what ever we do to stave it off.  It is TEOTWAWKI. (The end of the world as we know it).  Fight the good fight Kirk it will make a difference as to what the new world will look like, it just won't be this one. 
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 02:52:06 PM »
Kirk
You penned a very good article and you hit the nail on the head. 

"As long as it does not effect me then you are doing a good job, but don't look my direction."
Ethics and integrity for so many folks are situation dependent.  They do not see the fact that their integrity and ethics are part of the problem with the others.

Out police departments have the unwritten code that forces them to stick together.   If they tolerate corruption in their ranks, are those who tolerate it really any different than the ones that are on the take.  I know some former officers that could not take it.  They had to leave the force or compromise their integrity or their personal safety could become at risk as their fellow officers "might not" back them up in a bad situation.  Sad but true. 

I remember a code to live by from some many decades past.   Unfortunately that code was changed some years back to lessen its true nature/impact.  Supposedly due to the changes that our youth could no longer live with due to the current culture in our country.

I will not lie, cheat, or steal nor tolerate among us those who do.

If our public officials themselves are clean and pure but they know of others in office that are not, then they have a duty to do something.

Where are we going in this world?

Integrity is not just doing the right thing. 
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one will ever even know.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.