alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Away sawing  (Read 5822 times)

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
Away sawing
« on: October 20, 2016, 11:41:08 AM »
I've been offered a chance to go to the Yukon Territory this next year to run a Woodmizer for a couple of weeks up to a month.  Located between Eagle, AK  and Dawson. YT.  Can you say "Boondocks?  Be kind of like a paid vacation.  No real access  this time of year as the roads are not maintained.  Snowmobiles, snow shoes, skis or stay at home.  Totally off the grid. 

I'd drive with a "new" pickup if I go but the wife is a little reluctant.  About 4 days of hard driving on a lot of gravel roads.

The people I'd visit are building a kind of resort and currently support one of the sled dog races (Yukon Quest?).  She has a Dr. title in front of her name.

Don't know if it will happen but I'm playing with the idea.  The "Woodmizer" might be a real downer though!  lol

Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline red oaks lumber

• Major Contributor
Re: Away sawing
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2016, 08:38:53 PM »
the woodmizer might be fine if you pack your truck full of spare parts to keep you sawing :)we have found with our "industrial" woodmizer if we don't run it fulltime it's dosen't have as many break downs >:(
might be a fun experiance sawing deep in the bush
follow your heart, the rest will happen

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 01:18:23 PM »
I would do that in a heartbeat! 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 05:45:34 PM »

Sounds pretty interesting to me, too.  8)