alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: this is not my america  (Read 10326 times)

Offline red oaks lumber

• Major Contributor
this is not my america
« on: September 25, 2016, 08:49:51 AM »
the current state of our country is extremely sad and disappointing. i'm not speaking of our government disfuction either :( every where i go my fellow americans are more focused on their mobile devices and the lack of engagement it makes one feel isolated,if not outright offended.
 where has the trust and the value of one's word gone? when did it become acceptable to let the government pay your way?how has it become that if you don't obey law enforcements orders and get shot,suddenly,all the thugs in america feel they are being profiled.really?if one follows the laws,life is much eaiser.
 racial segregation  ended in the sixties,why today are so so many blacks butt hurt about inequalities in this country?i see opportunites open to all races,maybe stop crying and start trying >:(
how many hundreds of thousands of our fellow americans have fought and died for this once mighty and proud country?only to be disrepected by our current generation of ungrateful, disrespectful,self serving americans >:(
the mantra..leave this place in better shape than when you found it.. i live by these words,i invite and incourage anyone i speak with to do the same. it's a long uphill battle but,one that is very much worth fighting...
I WANT MY AMERICA BACK!!!!! how about you??
follow your heart, the rest will happen

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
Re: this is not my america
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 05:02:37 PM »
There is truth in much that you say. 
You walk down the road and say hello to the person walking the other direction.  No response.  They have their ear buds on and are looking at their devices and are oblivious to the world around them. 
I greet folks with "Hello, how are you doing?"  When I get no response I merely say at the same volume as my greeting:  "Well I guess not that well" and continue on my way. 

Folks want what they want but are not willing to work for it.
I have folks/friends say that they are envious of me. 
My response is normally something along the line of "Well I have made good decisions in my life." 
Most of them say "Yes wish I had made better decisions." 

Too many folks have no sense of responsibility for themselves and what they have done or decided to do in the past.
Delayed gratification is not a trait that is held by many these days. Many of the young folks that I work around want what I have and believe they should have it by their late 20's. No understanding that it took me until over 60 to have what I have and I busted my tail to get where I am.  They just want it now and think they should have it because they want it.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline 5quarter

• New Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 11:49:20 PM »
Amen to that! You can thank your friendly, neighborhood Liberal for the current state of affairs.  >:( >:( ::)

Offline red oaks lumber

• Major Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 08:21:13 AM »
i'm speachless >:(given the events of the past 48 hrs. fellas our country as we have known it is over :( :( :( i'm just stunned how spineless most americans have become. do i condone what he said on the tape? no . did it bother me ?oh hell no! he's a warm blooded man just like the rest of us.trash talking just happens.
corruption in usa politics has just become completely obvious.why is every politician on both parties bad mouthing trump? he will expose all the dirty dealings we only suspect >:(

iv'e never really let politics over shadow my thoughts or days but, when crooked hilliary takes office ...IT'S OVER   the sights of libia siria other countries that the people try to over throw the corupt governments. somewhere in the next 4 yrs you are going to see that play out on our own land.
just a sad sad future for a once proud nation

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 12:21:28 PM »
I have no use for the political parties as they are all the same anymore.  When you can't tell the difference from one side or the other we are done as a nation and its going to get ugly. 

We the People does not mean what it use to mean.  The media and political elite are destroying what our ancestry fought to keep and it truly is heartbreaking.

Living in the communist state of Illinois we get to see first hand what our country is going to become and its not pretty! 

Unless we get some men in this country with principals and God in their hearts we are looking at some very rough times to come.

God Help us!
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 03:58:32 PM »
 I got tired of this crap 20 years ago. When I bitched, lots of people thought I was crazy.

I tried to learn enough to become self sufficient, completely.  It's about to start paying off.

Down here, temps run between 65 and 85 degrees F year round. Don't need heat nor AC. 3+ acres is debt free except for $67.00 year taxes. Live on top of a hill. Have wind turbines in several states of completion. Hand dug a pond and soon to have a liner in it. It's nearly on top of the hill. LOTS of rain 9 months of the year, so, will channel all gutter and ground runoff I can, into the pond, and run that downhill to feed the micro hydro system, waiting at my Son's house, that I will gather up in 10 days. Got a 25 GPM minimim flow stream crossing the place spring fed.

Have several parts of Chevy Volt car batteries in the shop, along with a completely working motorcycle and a 3 wheel conversion about to hit the road, both using those Volt battery modules. Have a few more for Solar Power and a Solar water heater built into the roof. Looking at Solar Panels IF I can make a few bux while I am in Florida for 16 days .Seeds are sprouting and need to clean out the chikken coop and start square foot gardening.

Got clean clear view both up and down the hill from the pond area.  Got plenty of trees for lumber, biogas and trading.

Gotta GO. BIG lightning storm moving through. !!!

Edit ---Man, big blast of thunder just shattered the glass on the water heater. Had to throw a sheet of roofing tin over it and seal it off. Got 3 inches of rain in less than an hour. I calculated 7 inches will nearly fill the 30,000 gal pond for the hydro system.

It's really a shame the way the USA has gone. Many of us have fought and died, yet, to many people, that is a joke. Nothing but ME matters,anymore.  ::)  I just can't believe ANYONE will vote for either of the 2 morons that are running.  What's the options ? Will Obama stay on until someone new runs, if neither of these 2 get elected ??
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 05:07:32 PM by HaroldCR »

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 11:17:30 PM »
"If" Obama tried to stay on... an arm uprising would not surprise me even a little.
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline red oaks lumber

• Major Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2016, 04:56:10 PM »
so,with the FBI coming forward with more "email" scandle thus again shining the light on the "CORRUPT" clinton family.. this part kills me,millions of waterheads still support her ! >:D >:D >:D >:D really? do that many people hate our country?
 i will confess..(my head hanging down with shame :() my parents i believe are still voting for her.i haven't spoken to them in over a month.not because they live far away,actually they still live on my farm.... i don't speak to them because,quiet frankly what is there to talk about?.they evidently want a differant america than myself. am i being shallow and narrow minded? probably but,we have a chance in a lifetime to change the course of our country and by god i can't associate with people that want to keep the same corrupt sespool of sewage in washington dc >:(

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2016, 07:08:30 PM »
Stand on your principals!  It is all we have left!

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 09:59:40 PM »
My mother never saw a liberal that she did not like or support.  No matter the evidence presented she was dogmatic in her belief that any other belief/thought than her way of thinking was crazy.  She lashed out at me  once and called me a lunatic for having the thought processes that I have.  She was adamantly against my serving my country for nearly 25 years and continued year after year to try to get me to leave the service. 

She and my sister were, to put it mildly, left of 3 sigma's of the norm.  How I came out of that family is interesting. 

As my mother developed dementia and her filters became even lower (yes they could become even lower than her calling me a lunatic) I came to see how damaged she was as human being due to her earlier childhood (born in 1920). Lost both parents before 2 years old and then lost 3 different family caretakers before she turned 18.

If she was alive today she would believe that HRC was the cat's meow and that she would support her no matter what she did as the end justifies the means of getting there.

All I can say is, parents are parents, they are not perfect.  There are subjects that you can not broach and that are just flat off limits.  Try to have the relationship you can have with them while you can.  At some point they will not be there and you might regret not spending any time with them.  Then again you might just say well I did the best I could to be a good son or daughter and I tried they did not.   I was the better person as I met them more than half way.  They did not.  You will feel better as you will have known you tried.

Offline red oaks lumber

• Major Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2016, 06:56:05 AM »
FBI director reveals no charges with latest e-mail scandle?... hum i smell death threat. the clinton crime family flexes it corrupt muscle yet again  :-[

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 07:08:16 PM »
Let me guess what you really think of HRC.

Offline red oaks lumber

• Major Contributor
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 07:11:39 AM »
well here we are post election and people are protesting >:( my question what are they protesting? trump hasn't done anything other than be elected by americans.
this is one of the biggest shows of poor losing, uneducated, self serving non working groups of people >:( i find it interesting that the majority of protesters are college age people,makes me wonder even more just what kind of brainwashing crap are college's of america pushing on our youth?
sadly, it wouldn't surprise me if one of these butthurt liberals assasinates pres. elect trump :(

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2016, 11:13:06 AM »
I suspect George Soros is behind it.  Some of the protestors were interviewed and it was claimed they are being paid to hold signs and be there but they don't know what the real protest is about.  Soros is behind a large amount of the chaos in this country. 

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2016, 01:18:33 PM »
Well Podesta said that "this is not over" yesterday.

Since it has already been proven that there was a paid organized protest scheme that had the primary intent to cause violent reactions that would be filmed and then broadcast during earlier rallies, it only make sense (even if there is not yet proof) that these are planned and paid rallies/protests with the same intent.
The characters are still the same folks.

Offline red oaks lumber

• Major Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 06:00:33 PM »
the fastest way to break up all these protests is fly over and drop job applications,these people will scatter like a cow peeing on a flat rock.
today after pres trump met with the "players" in washington ,it just seems like there was a more posative under tone .we can only hope

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 11:19:43 PM »
Hope is all we have.  But with Clinton all I had was despair.
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2016, 10:49:26 AM »
Is it just my imagination or does anyone else see the same thing.

My wife and I were talking about this and we both see the same thing.

I have been of the belief that journalism died in this country some time back.   The "so-called" journalists of today are nothing other than shills for pushing their own political viewpoint.  What  I have seen in the last three days puts the icing on the cake or maybe I should say more accurately the crust on the septic pool.

While It was obvious to many that the "so-called" journalists were in the tank for HRC and the progressive left in the election and that they did everything they could to slant their reporting to aid and help their cause, the last three days really makes me wonder where we are going.

The media is hyping the protests and actual riots in some area that are protesting the election of Trump.  The are directly and intentionally putting fuel on the fire.  I read one report where they were hyping a report of a middle school that went out on protests.  Does anyone think 12-14 year old children really initiated a protest against the election?  It was the teachers who put them up to it and then the media came in and hyped it.  It is fine to have a political position but when you use innocent kids to push your agenda that goes to far.

As our current president stated 8 years ago and I quote:  "Elections have consequences. You lost." 
Can you even imagine what would be the reporting if HRC won and conservatives went out and protested and rioted. The news media would rip them up one side and down the next.  And I would probably have to agree.  Protests are fine but how does one justify protesting the results of an election that no one (that I have heard of) has said was off-color  in any way that benefited Trump.  Yes there was most likely voter fraud in some areas.  It is widely suspected but almost impossible to prove due to our system of how folks get to register. That likely fraud benefited HRC not Trump in most analysis of the experts.

Now there is a media hyped story about how they are trying to get the state electoral college to vote for HRC, not the way their state's vote actually went down.  Progressive groups have told the electors that they will represent them for free and will pay their fines if they change their votes to HRC. 

Again can you imagine what the media would be saying if the positions were reversed?

If they actually succeed in getting the Electoral College to change their votes can you imagine what the result and response would be? 
As the title of the thread reads: "This is not my America" . 
While I have little doubt that there is any significant chance that it would happen, if it does, I question if there will be an America left in the resulting aftermath. 
At least not one that is recognizable.

It is time that the media grows up and returns to the roots from which they came.  That will never happen I fear, but it is truly needed if we are to survive as a country.