alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: O.K. well then, this is for weird stuff,  (Read 4402 times)

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
O.K. well then, this is for weird stuff,
« on: December 18, 2017, 04:31:31 PM »
Ok, now, I did some firewood stacking, and usual chores, I ran out of  charcoal, so while doing the firewood I had some slipped bark of some hickory.  Well as it was I just made a fire, using the hickory bark, (planning on salmon fillets for dinner) seeing as I am half cook and chief bottle washer.  Well in the process, I ran across the olives in the fridge, those manzanilla's
you get from the grocery store. Well Miss Dolly our kitchen floor attender (she) thinks ,  ;D  I shamed her into finally eating one, and like "Mikey" she liked it!  it took some work, but now if I drop an olive, I'm pretty sure she will help with the clean up.. sorry for the poor attempt at humor, I reckon you have to be there as (they) say!  LOL< 

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
Re: O.K. well then, this is for weird stuff,
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 05:04:35 PM »
Sounds like my wife.  She won't try ANYTHING different if it is new, or weird, or strange, or whatever.

She likes ketchup, pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce, etc. but not tomatoes.  She'll put ketchup on chicken and fish.  She'll eat things with onion powder/flavor in it and likes it but hates onions.  Hates salad, lettuce, carrots (unless cooked) but loves broccoli and cauliflower.  Weird.

Miss Dolly I assume is a dog, right?  How do you shame a dog? lol
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 05:58:59 PM »
When I was a kid, I had the opportunity to eat Possum and Raccoon...and the Possum was greasy, the coon wasn't bad as I remember it....but the natural revulsion to it....well..you just don't forget it.

If you are hungry, and I have never been really hungry.....not like my grandfather and others in the silent and greatest generation.....I guess that changes your view of good and tasty.  I am 57, spoiled down to farm raised beef and grain fed turkey. No apologies either. I like regular milk to....no from the cow, and I have had my share of cow's milk direct.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 07:41:25 PM »
yea, well, I did not mean to shame Dolly, yes she is our dog,,spoiled plane flat rotten, but for here to eat an olive? now this one is a first,, I mean to say its not the first time she's seen one, but the first she has eaten.  To finish off, she had left over salmon, and sweet potato, so yea, she is spoiled plum fat rotten. Mutt, but we love her, mean while Myla, the cat is down low, I just pulled the four wheeler in, the cat, My son's who now lives in California, has pulled the Ace of spades and has a pretty good hold on the roost, LOL, It's fun, weird at times but fun,