alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Kirk's Mom  (Read 44138 times)

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Kirk's Mom
« on: January 16, 2008, 07:21:13 PM »
As we kick off the new forum, lets not forget that Kirks Mom could use our thoughts and prayers guys.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
  • adicted to the aroma of oak
Re: Kirk's Mom
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 07:30:45 PM »
will do
Eagle's Nest Tree farm & Sawmill
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802
 No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 07:31:34 PM »
Thanks Jay. I really appreciate that.  

It has now been three weeks since her diagnosis of pancreatic cancer and the biopsy JUST got scheduled today for next Wednsday, which will be excatly 4 weeks from the day they told her she had 3-6 months to live.  The "system" has eaten a whole month from her without even a hint of starting the treatment they say she can have that will "possibly" give her some more time.  Its frustrating to say the least.   >:(
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline The WoodButcher

• Major Contributor
    • H&W Custom Cut Lumber
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 06:00:04 PM »
Hello and God Bless you and your Mother Kirk. She is in our prayers. I just lost a Brother in law the same sudden way. 6 months ago we didn't know he was sick and now he's with the Lord in Heaven. Be strong and Praise God while in the valley and He WILL lead you to the mountain top. I know it's EZ'r said than done But He IS our Comforter. God Bless You & Yours.
Thanks The WoodButcher
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil: 4:13
http://woodbutchernc.tripod.com/
http://lumberworks.freeforums.org/portal.php
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Waxhaw-NC/HW-Custom-Cut-Lumber/137083101526
[IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i123/Crash57/HW

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 03:54:15 AM »
Kirk, I have asked Alice to include you mother in her prayer chain in the part of the country.  We pray for the best, for your family.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 10:02:26 PM »
Got back a little bit ago from St. Louis.  It was a pretty rough day as the biopsy results came back before my Mom was even out of recover.  Definatly Cancer and very progressive, unfortunatly.  We have been praying for the tumor to be benine but that didnt happen.

As things progress I will continue to pray for her healing, comfort and salvation, the most important part of her future.  I appreciate everyones calls and prayers during this time in my life.

Thank you!

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 05:31:04 AM »
And there are more prayers and thoughts coming from this direction...I know how much it hurt to loose my Mom..thankfully, it was quick and she did not suffer a lot....but how i wish i had the time back to spend with her....spend all the time you can with her Kirk...and maybe a miracle will happen...sometimes not in the way we expect.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 04:23:05 PM »
The miracle we are seeking now is her salvation.  She is very resistant to talking about it unfortunatly. 

She has gone down hill fast this week.  She is supposed to start chemo tomarrow but Dad doesnt think she is going to put up with the side effects. He is afraid she just doesnt have the fight in her. 

Offline JP Sinclair

• Major Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 02:02:26 PM »
Best wishes Kirk,

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 09:28:35 AM »
Spent most of the day with my Mom yesterday.  She got another zap of chemo on Thursday and it seems to not hit her until two days later so we did our Easter dinner Friday. 

She is holding up well and actually is excited that she is still doing well at 3 months, which they told here would probably not happen.  She goes back to Barnes the first of April to start radiation.  She will be down there for 6 weeks so I will head to their place and take care of the animals for them. 

She has taken an interesting turn emotionaly and is going to speak at one of the Hospital Dietary meetings.  She hopes to be an inspiration for others who are overweight, smokers, diabetic, and sedintary, which are 4 of the top 5 factors related to panchreatic cancer.   She is now at the point where she is convinced it was those factors with her life that put her in the position she is in so she want others to hear her testimony on the importance of life over food, cigarettes etc. 

We never knew she smoked growing up but turns out she smoked for 17 years and neither myself or my two brothers ever knew.  She had quit when we got into Junior high but I guess she smoked all through high school, nursing school, and several years there after before she quit. 

Still praying for Salvation and healing! 
Thanks for everyones support.  Its greatly appreciated. 

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 12:33:44 PM »
We are still sending thoughts of prayer and all for everyone in your family from this neck of the woods.  (Pun intended) :D

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 05:56:10 PM »
Still in my prayers as well. Maybe a miracle will come her way.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2008, 05:52:43 PM »
Got back from St. Louis today after spending the whole day at the Hospital.  Best day I have ever spent in a Hospital. 

First visit with her Oncologist confirmed her tumor has SHRUNK 28% with 6 weeks of chemo which he said is very very positive.  Even better was her CA numbers (blood markers) have improved 53%  :o  The Dr. was overwhelmed with that result. 

Went from that Dr. down to the Radiologists.  One made the comment that her improvement is exceptional compared to other patients and the primary Radionlogist said he is focusing on making sure she makes it another 5 YEARS!   

Todays news was a huge emotional relief for my Mom as she has been counting the days and now she can truly look forward with a glimmer of hope!  When we went to lunch she acknowledged that we can quit having her memorial dinners each week.  That was her way of trying to deal with what she expected to be her last meal with family each week.  He attitude improved 100% today!

Thanks to everyone for your prayers!  She is by no means over this but when Barnes Hospital Dr. tell you 5 years compared to the local Dr telling you 3 months its a huge relief.  Now we just need to keep praying things go as well with the radiation treatment which will start in about 4 weeks.

Thanks again to everyones prayers!  God does answer them! 

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2008, 06:29:16 PM »
that sounds great kirk great news
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802

Thomas Jefferson

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2008, 07:31:14 AM »
That is marvelous.  Prayer is a powerful force, for sure.  Thankyou for the terrific update and news.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2008, 07:30:48 AM »
My Mom is finishing up another round of Chemo, which this time is very hard on her after the beating she took with 6 straight weeks of radiation, 5 days a week. 

The radiation was very successful in the fact that here CA numbers are down into the 50's compared to a high of 285.  The Doctors were very encouraged and wanted to her to endure one more 6 week round of Chemo. 

She finished that Chemo yesterday and will go back to Barns for a an MRI and a determination on the possibility of operability of the tumer, if there is still one left. 

All your prayers are appreciated! 

Thanks!

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2008, 08:16:28 AM »
Things are sounding great, Kirk.  Thank you for the update.

Offline JP Sinclair

• Major Contributor
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 01:41:08 PM »
Good for her Kirk - The mind is an incredible tool and it sounds like she's getting good news and keeping her fighting spirit up!. 

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2008, 08:23:46 AM »
:angel: :angel:  CA19 numbers less than 10 (0-30) is normal. 

Oncologist stated that they show NO SIGNS of cancer in her blood work :angel:

The tumor size has not changed from the last MRI but the Radiologist said that is not uncommon as it may now be nothing more than a dead tissue mass, which is what they believe considering they have no cancer signs in her blood work.  :angel:

Yesterday was a major answer to a lot of prayers and I thank everyone for their prayers.!

Its been a tough 9 months on her, more so mentally considering they gave her only 3-6 months to live, but now she actually can look forward to years of life!  :angel:

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2008, 09:02:23 AM »
Prayer is a most powerful force, Kirk.  Thank you so much for a very positive update.  This will help make my day a great deal better.

:D

Offline Auminer

• New Contributor
    • Photographer
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2008, 03:01:02 AM »
Just got around to reading this thread.

Wow, being new here, I didn't know you guys knew our Lord.  What a wonderful group, and a wonderful testimony to our Father!!  Kirk, I truly hope and will pray your Mother will acknowledge her true Savior and what He has done in her life.

Blessings on each,
Dave
Dave

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2008, 04:53:46 PM »
Thanks Dave, I apprecaite all the prayers!

I spent a few hours with her today and she is doing so so after another round of chemo. Not sure when they are going to stop the chemo as her blood work is good. 

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2008, 05:14:29 PM »
Another great visit a few weeks ago with the DR.  Moms CA19 marks are less than 10 and vague signs of any tumor. 

The 24th of this month is the one year mark of her being told she only had 3-6 months.  Now they are talking 5+ years or more. 

We are pretty happy this Christmas as not only do we get to celebrate the birth of our Lord but we have our Mother with us, which is something we didnt think was going to happen 12 months ago. 

I want to thank everyone for their prayers as they are greatly appreciated. 

Offline mike p

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2008, 07:36:05 PM »
sure glad to hear that kirk
BSA Scoutmaster Retired
 too much government.
   Thomas Jefferson 1802

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Murf

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 10:31:46 AM »
We are pretty happy this Christmas as not only do we get to celebrate the birth of our Lord but we have our Mother with us, which is something we didnt think was going to happen 12 months ago.

I don't think a person could possibly imagine a better Christmas present than that!!

Don't blame me for Murphy's Law, I'm a victim too!!!