alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Keeping my geese at home  (Read 5918 times)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Keeping my geese at home
« on: March 20, 2008, 09:48:31 AM »
With all the rain we had over the last two days my geese have found new sources of water to swim and play. 

This is the first place we found them after searching all around the house.  The managed to go east of the house farther than ever before and it was all we could do to get them back home. 

This is what I saw when I left to run some erronds. 

I then got out and yelled at them to go home and they started there way back across the ditch.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
Re: Keeping my geese at home
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 08:58:05 AM »
You might have to clip more that their  wings. ;D

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: Keeping my geese at home
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 09:59:16 AM »
Dont have to worry about that Frank.  They are bird brains  ;D :D

The stupid birds walk everywhere.  This ditch is about 1/2 mile from the house and they walked there and back. 

They will fly 'around" the property but its like some big electric barrier when the get to the edge of the homestead area.  Flaps down, gear down, then they walk. 

The nice part is they listen for the most part like a dog.  Yell at them to kennel up and they started heading for their pen. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!