alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Financial Update related to this site  (Read 9163 times)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Financial Update related to this site
« on: January 25, 2017, 09:34:05 AM »
I just wanted to let everyone know, our rates went up this year to a WHOPPING $86.00  :o

Yes, it ONLY costs us *86 dollars for this site to function so if you have been fed a line about how much a forum costs to operate in a ploy to get you to donate, now you know the truth.

Let 2017 be a great year
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: Financial Update related to this site
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 09:38:38 AM »
OH, forgot to mention the revenue from the site totaled $104.92 last year, SO........it has cost us NOTHING to run this site and we actually made a few bucks! 

Offline TnAndy

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 07:43:51 PM »
Hey, don't spend all the excess in one place....spread the wealth around....ahahahaaaaa

Offline red oaks lumber

• Major Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 07:51:27 AM »
seems kinda interesting given the panhandling coming from another said forum :-[
follow your heart, the rest will happen

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 03:14:56 PM »
Exactly why we let everyone know up front what it really costs.

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 05:58:48 AM »
And the whining from the other place never stops. 
The fact that you can never get a true opinion about a mill and any issues because it might effect the income stream does no one but the owner any good.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline red oaks lumber

• Major Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 05:51:06 PM »
having a forum that's intended to help it's veiwers with all types of topics from a wide scope of people. yet speaking honestly about products or companies is forbidden unless its only positive.  i think people should start complaning to the better business buearu, if nothing else it would make said forum owner respond to complaints and possibly it could get some negative reviews. i'm just a little spiteful prick >:D oh wait it's called CARMA :)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 06:30:55 PM »
He could care less about complaints. He makes enough off of their paid advertising with him that he maintains his desired lifestyle, all while claiming the forum needs support.

I lost all respect when he hosted our company web site and then put his link at the bottom of every one of our pages and when our customers clicked on it, it took them away from our site and took them to his. That was the last straw with me.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 07:01:56 PM »
Statements like this point to no change in questionable behavior

"By request of the members, we now have ________ _____equipment stickers available for fund raising." - Request by members?  Yeah right, the members requested stickers so they can fund raise for his business enterprise?  Who believes that crap?

"We will have to sell a bunch of stickers first in order for me to have the cash to get hats." - Cryptic message meaning, I need cash so please buy stickers.  You know, the ones people requested.  LOL

"I need to have a bunch of commitments on those before I order because it is such a large amount I have to lay out to get them at a decent price." -  Cryptic for, PLEASE commit to help me. 

Case and point - Next response - "ok if you start an interest order, I'd take two! "

Or this one   :o
"Bumped this up as there seems to be a renewed interest." - If there was a renewed interest the topic does not need bumped up because the interest does that when people post!  What a load of crap!

And the best one of all:
"What makes you a member? Wanting to be part of this forum for more than just posting ads. Its pretty easy to tell the difference so we have placed some safe guards to help protect the forum from the elements that want to use us only the purpose of financial gain.   - Hello McFly!  That is exactly what he is doing to his membership!  Sit around the fire and figure out ways to make money of all the members!  Yep! Financial Gain is the purpose and his actions over the years appear to prove it!

Offline red oaks lumber

• Major Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 08:48:17 PM »
that would chap me also.basically he was selling in your house >:( i have zero time for people with no morales.. the funniest times were when people would sell thru his "for sale" page and not pay him his 5% .he'd flop on the floor throwing an absolute fit about not getting his so despeartly needed money. typically when people are truly strapped for cash they don't have a "cabin" up north that they are always going to or buying old classic cars to restore or putting in swimming pools , ya know just not the normal behavior.
 the part i can't understand,why can't most members over there see thru this fasade?.

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 03:39:17 PM »
Statements like this point to no change in questionable behavior

"By request of the members, we now have ________ _____equipment stickers available for fund raising." - Request by members?  Yeah right, the members requested stickers so they can fund raise for his business enterprise?  Who believes that crap?

"We will have to sell a bunch of stickers first in order for me to have the cash to get hats." - Cryptic message meaning, I need cash so please buy stickers.  You know, the ones people requested.  LOL

"I need to have a bunch of commitments on those before I order because it is such a large amount I have to lay out to get them at a decent price." -  Cryptic for, PLEASE commit to help me. 

Case and point - Next response - "ok if you start an interest order, I'd take two! "

Or this one   :o
"Bumped this up as there seems to be a renewed interest." - If there was a renewed interest the topic does not need bumped up because the interest does that when people post!  What a load of crap!

And the best one of all:
"What makes you a member? Wanting to be part of this forum for more than just posting ads. Its pretty easy to tell the difference so we have placed some safe guards to help protect the forum from the elements that want to use us only the purpose of financial gain.   - Hello McFly!  That is exactly what he is doing to his membership!  Sit around the fire and figure out ways to make money of all the members!  Yep! Financial Gain is the purpose and his actions over the years appear to prove it!

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with those observations.

Folks do know what is going on in many cases but stick around as there is occasionally good info if you sort through the load of BS that keeps rising up.  I received several PM's from the good folks warning me about the tyrant back when I was posting regularly so they know it but just like a beaten spouse they stay anyway.

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 03:53:50 PM »
An additional comment.  I rarely post there anymore (yes I know this site is trolled by said individual) but when I do it rarely means exactly what it says on the surface but has a meaning that is not seen/understood by many but the ones that get it often PM me with comments because they "got it."   
I know one of their former advertisers quit advertising on said site because they could not deal with the behind the scenes stuff that they were in effect supporting with their advertising dollars.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 04:06:44 PM »
We know he trolls here.  He is paranoid.  Regardless, we do not block people nor hinder the expression of their opinions. 

There is a lot of good info there and good people, however, I chose to never participate with a person that steals from my company. 

I was welcomed into that inner circle with all the secret boards and saw first hand the games that were played.  I would have no part of it. 

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2017, 10:23:27 PM »
This is a very interesting thread and one I immensely enjoyed reading.

The one thing that really got me thinking was when I questioned what the draw to the show Survivor was for him and his crew.  I was in no uncertain terms told not to go there and that it was for "alternative reality viewing pleasure" or some such bullshit like that.  Sounds like politician talk, don't it?  Then I was reading just how mired in this fake, backstabbing, lying, deceitful behavior these folks were.  Then it all clicked.  My Lord, I says to myself, they're studying on how to run the FF. 

Who has to lie?  The truth is entertaining enough with those clowns!

Disclaimer:  I mean no offense to anybody who might enjoy watching said shows.  I hear there are often nice looking ladies (or even men, if you're a lady reading this) and I completely understand this allure.  After all, I'm married, not dead!  ::)
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools