alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Foley model 200 automatic saw filer  (Read 11505 times)

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Contributor
Foley model 200 automatic saw filer
« on: October 13, 2017, 06:02:08 AM »
This machine is new I don't think it was ever used. Comes with manual that claims it will file hand saws, circular saw up to 24"and shop type band saw bands. I got it with a lot of stuff I bought, thought I would convert it to automatic chain sharpening but never got to it. Only fly in the ointment is its awkward and heavy and I don't want to crate and truck ship it. Pick up only. Complete instructions included. Frank C.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
Re: Foley model 200 automatic saw filer
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 10:22:18 AM »
How much are you asking and where is it located for pickup?
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 02:47:00 PM »
I'd like $100.00 but its negotiable. On E-bay they get $35.00 for just the manual. Its a well made machine but I really don't need it. I'm located in Franklin Ma. close to the RI. border. Frank C.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 02:57:45 PM »
That is a smoking deal for a fella.  If my plans was to stay here until I die I would have to take you up on that offer.  You won't have it for long at that price.

Just a friendly tidbit:  If you have a UPS store near you and can get the thing to them they'll pack it all up and ship it and give you a price right there.  I shipped a cylinder head on a Waukesha 265 diesel engine that way.  It was heavy and bulky but no problem.  I wish I could remember what it cost to ship but I can't.  Maybe around $65 or so for at least 100 lbs in weight around 12 years ago or so.  At least this way if anyone shows interest you have a way to ship it out, you know?
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 03:21:03 PM »
You know Ox in my life I have had many good deals, I'm not afraid to pass it on, especially to my brothers. Frank C.

Offline A.O.

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 12:06:38 PM »
This machine is new I don't think it was ever used. Comes with manual that claims it will file hand saws, circular saw up to 24"and shop type band saw bands. I got it with a lot of stuff I bought, thought I would convert it to automatic chain sharpening but never got to it. Only fly in the ointment is its awkward and heavy and I don't want to crate and truck ship it. Pick up only. Complete instructions included. Frank C.

Do you have any pictures of this thing? And the manual?

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 07:19:41 PM »
AO, I'am not up to speed on the internet picture thing, sorry. I have the manual and if you google Foley model 200 you will see just what it looks like, I don't think it was ever used. Frank C.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 07:44:30 PM »
I would take it right now but it would cost me 5 times in travel, gas, and lodging.  That is a smoking deal!  If you change your mind on shipping it let me know.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 01:51:13 PM »
SOLD!   Picking up this Saturday! 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 07:10:42 PM »
I'm sitting on ready at this end. Frank C.