alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: My new 2005 Cook's AC-36  (Read 6613 times)

Offline customcutter

• Contributor
My new 2005 Cook's AC-36
« on: November 28, 2017, 05:55:05 PM »
I finally got a chance to take a few pictures today.  It has a fairly new replacement 27 HP Kohler engine.  A little small if i were going to do production work, but fine for me.  For some reason it came with only one toe board, and only one had log dog.  It does have a second manual log dog if needed or i may upgrade if I find it's needed.  As far as a single toe board, I can place the small end of the log to that end.  It also did not come with a De-barker.  I will see how that goes and upgrade if needed.

I need to go pick up my blades tomorrow.  I also ordered an extra belt for the had pump as it is out of adjustment and burnt.  I also ordered some new UHMW wipers for the rails that the head travels up and down the mill on.

Here's the pics

Well Houston we have a problem file size is toooo big,   Sorry im no computer geek.  They will be on the other forums, OPE, arboristsite, and that other one. 

Sorry, Ken

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Contributor
Re: My new 2005 Cook's AC-36
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 06:16:21 PM »
That's good news Ken. No need to rush out and get everything use the mill a wile and you will discover what you need and whats window dressing. If you mill for hire at the customers location a debarker is a handy thing to have as many times they drug the logs out through the mud. I have used one and was real happy to shut it off the danged beep beep. My current band mill is home built and doesn't have a debarker I check the path the band will take and use a wire brush and axe to clear its way and have few problems. Enjoy your mill go slow at first. speed will come. Frank C.

Offline customcutter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 08:03:29 PM »
Thanks BandMiller.  No not for hire, or production.  I'm using this to build a log home 2-3000 sq ft and a 40X60 shop in Alabama.  So I can cut my own dimensional lumber no restrictions, no permitting required.

The files are too large to post here.  I tried to post on that other Forum, it says I don't have an Album or some such non-sense.  Probably have to pay money from what I've read here.   :o

Pictures are on Arboristsite, and Outdoor Power Equipment Forums, for anyone interested in seeing them.  I'm not computer geek so don't have the ability to re-size right now, and trying to work off of a tablet with the pictures.

If this is against the Forum rules (that I didn't see, or don't exist Mods please delete)

thanks,
Ken

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 05:28:00 AM »
There are no charges or fees to belong here, and no draconian ego's to feed. Every member here is welcome to participate and share equally, any funds from advertising pay the hosting fees.

I am an old guy, and not computer savvy, and if I can do it, anyone can. Use a free software program, like Xat, and crop your pictures, very easy, and then compress. I need to figure out if we can increase the file size with a forum software upgrade, but again, I am not a computer geek.

Look int he thread "pictures" and you can see what I did in seconds, after not having done it in several years.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.