alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: It's official,  (Read 8991 times)

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
It's official,
« on: December 15, 2017, 07:31:56 PM »
I do believe the freedom of speech has been reached.. so, as to trying to help folks  with issues in regards to proper sawing techniques, for optimum quality and overall recovery rates, Its over, I've been banned from the Forestryforum for calling out Lynn Davis, the (magicman) and it's sad, there are many good folks on that forum that could use some honest opinions and suggestions, but, as it is, its a fellowship of folks that just like to jack the jaw, for nothing more than, whatever they are trying to do?  I'm puzzled,, none the less, I reckon I'm here, for as long as this may last,, anything I may say is pretty much straight up, so if it bothers someone, please just say, I'm open to a civil conversation on it, if  I can add some  helpful input,,
david

Offline red oaks lumber

• Major Contributor
Re: It's official,
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 07:44:59 PM »
hey dave,
 the forestfairyforum doesn't want people that really want to learn or help others.it's more tailored for the "guy" who's wife has stolen their balls years earlier.
life is free here for damn sure and you don't need your wife's permission to be here either. ;D glad your here buddy!!!
follow your heart, the rest will happen

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2017, 08:01:30 PM »
steve,  man o man good to hear from you man,  yea, its sad, but its over, so, whatever,, I guess you guys are ready for a good hard winter?  I believe it's going to be a good one this year,  Not really that excited about it, but you guys up that way, its kinda what it is, bout every year,, hoping all is well with you and the biz, I figure you have it going pretty good!  anyway Merry Christmas to you and your Family,,thanks for the shout out,, I have not forgotten you, I just lost your number when I got to excited about doing water aerobics with my wife and the women,,in town, LOL<< I jumped in the pool with my phone in my pocket for crying out loud!  funny, but not all that funny,,

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2017, 06:32:31 AM »
Dave, I figured it was just a matter of time before you ended up over here, welcome. Frank C.

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 06:50:41 AM »
I enjoy it over here with you " naughty" boys but I do go both ways (forums). As stated there are a lot of nice folks there and I've been there for 10 years over 8000 posts. I will not badmouth anyone, I may not agree, but when I'm in their house I live by their rules. Oh I've spent a lot of time on thin ice too. Frank C.

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 07:09:41 AM »
A forum owner can run their forum anyway they want. 
The other forum is run the way it is because of the owner.  This forum is run the way it is because of the guys that set it up, own it and run it.  We can thank them for that.  Kirk is a good man.

More and more folks are coming over all the time.  Some because they just enjoy the style of this place, Others because they get banned for speaking out when their voice and opinions are not wanted.

Pretty much free over here to speak your mind as you see fit.  Civility tends to occur because folks want it.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 07:18:47 AM »
I knew I was treading on thin ice, he pretty much warned me a short while back.   I reckon I let some of the comments by one of the senior members get to me, to the point of breaking the house rules.  I just believe he misleads folks that don't know better at times,

Online Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 08:29:57 AM »
Glad to have you and know we understand exactly what you went through.  I don't recall for sure but I think when I was banned I was around 7000 posts and had access to every "behind closed doors" links he had set up.  That is when I learned what they were really about. 

As you pointed out, LOTS of great people there and we only hope they don't get taken advantage of financially like some of us were.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 08:52:12 AM »
Hey droberston!  Welcome to the free air, my friend.  It was well known that Jeff had it out for you for quite a while now I think and he was just looking for a reason to ban you.  I remember reading what he was writing to you and he was quite rude and his tone was very telling as to how he felt about you.  But now that you picked on his precious MagicMan it's all over?  lol  Sad.

Did you question why MagicMan's older posts that talk about old knowledge about blades and milling still exist with no amendments?  Is that what got them fired up?
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 09:06:45 AM »
No, not blades, it started with a thread on how folks go about sawing dimensional lumber, and not just one common size, but how to get 2x4's 6's  from one log, at least the way I read it. Anyway, I think there were two of us that tried to help a fellow, telling how we would go about it, and from there it went all over the place not even close to answering the mans question. With that, ole buddy posted that same ole picture of how he slices up a log, which in all reality, it can be done that way, it just makes crooked boards,(most) of the time. any way, I made a comment that some folks are good salesmen, and could probably sell ice cubes to eskimos,  so that in a nut shell is the jist of it.  The parting note on the ban page was quite the uplifting message, leaving no room for doubt how he feels about me.

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2017, 01:33:18 PM »
I enjoy it over here with you " naughty" boys but I do go both ways (forums). As stated there are a lot of nice folks there and I've been there for 10 years over 8000 posts. I will not badmouth anyone, I may not agree, but when I'm in their house I live by their rules. Oh I've spent a lot of time on thin ice too. Frank C.
Any takers on odds of Bandmiller not being banned?
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2017, 03:14:50 PM »
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2017, 03:17:15 PM »
Oh, yes.  The infamous parting shot ban page with Jeff gleefully taking a cheap shot and there's nothing you can do or say back.  I don't know whether to laugh at him or mourn for him, he's that far out in left field surrounded by his bullshit.  How things have changed since Tom Cadenhead died.  He kept Jeff on the straight and narrow.  One can see all this just by reading back in the forum far enough.  I never had the pleasure of talking with Tom but he was truly a great person, there's no mistaking that.

Stevem - I'm betting bandmiller will be all right as long as he plays by the rules and doesn't say much.  This is a tyrant's idea of a perfect citizen. lol  :-X :angel:

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2017, 03:28:18 PM »
Well, I figure ole Frank C. has a bit more wisdom and patience than most.. signs of a seasoned individual.  As to the parting shots, well, I figure it was unnecessary, but if it makes him feel better, he had some valid points, the going to heaven thing, I'm not to sure about,, it seems to me, forgiveness is the beginning of repentance, just saying, its' his house, his rules,, and thats' the rest of the story,  I do miss the food topic threads, probably most of all,

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2017, 04:06:49 PM »
I do miss the food topic threads, probably most of all,

If you miss it then start one here. 
I doubt that the grits thing will get the mileage here however.   But I could be wrong.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 09:56:23 PM »
Hey, I got a Birthday Greeting from the FF.  Go figure, tried to log in and say thanks but I'm not allowed!
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 05:39:36 AM »
Well, happy birthday!

There isn't a clown moderator at the FF that would ever face anyone in person and run their little game.  Maybe Jeff is splitting some of the money or increasing the crying song about how bad his life is and he needs protected?  ;D
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2017, 09:01:24 AM »
Well, happy birthday Stevem!  Your present is being able to have this forum here with the freedom associated, right?  :)

Offline 4x4American

• Major Contributor
    • my website
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2017, 08:46:43 PM »
Fargin oatmeal huh bud
2017 LT70 Super Wide with under 10,000hrs

www.KnightSawmilling.com

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2017, 09:34:13 AM »
4x4 - Huh?  :laugh: lol

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2017, 01:56:30 PM »
??? I like oatmeal, never really stepped in it, but I reckon from a northern standpoint thing,, maybe I did?  All said, I'm clearly not the only one, I never had a clue,, dumb that way I reckon.  Lots more to say, but, that horse is dead, and my knee is bad, aint' much more kickin' I can do, 

Offline 4x4American

• Major Contributor
    • my website
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2017, 07:37:13 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
2017 LT70 Super Wide with under 10,000hrs

www.KnightSawmilling.com

Offline 4x4American

• Major Contributor
    • my website