alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Very Important Announcement  (Read 9296 times)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Very Important Announcement
« on: December 23, 2017, 04:44:37 PM »
I wanted everyone to know the overwhelming burden that placed on us to keep this forum up and running.  The work takes hours of thankless effort and brain time to the point I just don't know if we can continue. 

As an example, I just got our next years invoice and let me tell you, the cost to keep this place going is just killing us. 

We might have to have some kind of fundraiser because things are so tough here on the farm that I just don't know if I can scrap this year's astronomical costs which now has hit an all-time high.

I will do my best to come up with the $83.88 before the deadline. 

Sorry for being such a killjoy!   LOL

For those that don't know the history, ignore the above post and have a Merry Christmas! 

For those that do know the history, maybe this post put a smile on your face as I know I enjoyed writing it!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! 

For those interested in the REAL cost to run a forum, see attached invoice below.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
Re: Very Important Announcement
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 04:50:34 PM »
Yes just reading this post not only put a smile on my face but a large grin to boot.

Merry Christmas to you Kirk and to those that you care about the most.

Merry Christmas to all the folks that read this forum.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2017, 05:01:13 PM »
Grinnin' and chucklin'!

Kirk, I'm hoping that the banners and ads are still paying for the forum, right?  If not, I'd be happy to chip in a little to help cover what's needed.

And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to each one of you!  And God bless Donald Trump and his family, and please keep them safe from the evil bastards out there.  Making America better, one day at a time.

This place is such a breath of fresh, free air and it's becoming more lively all the time from the outcasts of the Forestry Forum and new members popping up all the time.  Our database of knowledge is growing and it's great!

To the members that have been here longest:  is it more active now than ever before?
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 05:59:45 PM »
ALL Banner Ads are 100% FREE!  The ONLY revenue is from google ads and its about $100 bucks a year and has covered all costs to date.

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 06:41:43 PM »
Well, wow,  after eating some beef stew, stuff, snacks and old Wisconsin sausage and cheese crackers, stoking the fire, this post bout put me in coma,,I'm so , so, sorry its this bad,, I've heard it's tough, I just never knew,, thanks  Kirk, and Merry Christmas to you as well,,

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2017, 09:38:08 AM »
Now, we may need to raise money for a crashed hard drive.....or because we take up too much bandwidth....or because it keeps us from working real jobs or getting to the welfare office......  :o but.......guess we will keep it real.

Kirk and I, plus Frank long ago agreed to cover the expense of this club, and even though it may break us financially......we will tough it out!  ;D

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 10:22:43 AM »
No Jay, now we need to raise funds for the domain costs!  Just got hit with $119 for three whole years. :) 

That means it averages about $127 a year to run this site!  LOL.

I can remember the old fuddy-duddy telling me his server costs were over $700 a month.  LOL.   

Offline 4x4American

• Major Contributor
    • my website
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 10:44:29 AM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

2017 LT70 Super Wide with under 10,000hrs

www.KnightSawmilling.com

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2017, 01:59:26 PM »
Hearing the $700 thing is funny and angering at the same time.
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2017, 02:39:30 PM »
I know when I was close to Jeff he shared info must regret.  Once I found out what he was getting for banner adds my eyes opened up because it was way more than he claimed he needed to keep things alive.

We have always said, one at a time, people will have their eyes opened to the truth. 

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2017, 03:59:21 PM »
Well, Kirk, I know it's another iron in the fire, but from where I'm sitting, I just thank you, and in saying I hope you are happy in doing what you are doing, this is really the important part,,from a health standpoint, as well as the financial aspect.  There are many slogans, and profiles that read "integrity is what you do when no one else is watching"  so if you are resting and happy with the  workings, as they stand, I say Bravo!  Its' nice to know, and I've found a few from across these forums, people that are just that, straight up, with all the struggles, trials and interruptions in life, that maintain a level that's manageable, without compromising their integrity, for gains sake,, thanks,,          david

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2017, 10:12:07 PM »
My Pleasure!

I sleep very well at night!

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 08:38:46 AM »
Never forget boys, this forum was born out of honesty and integrity. Plus, Kirk and I don't take well to bullying of any kind. I know that there are internet warriors who talk a good game and intimidate guys on other forums, but it won't work here, and I am a public person, as is Kirk. We can be found EASILY if the warriors who think they can scare anyone here want to try.

I was raised old school....if you want to fight with me, boxing is on the agenda!
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2017, 10:22:31 AM »
lol You guys are awesome!  I'm so glad and proud to be here.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2017, 06:11:19 PM »
"We can be found EASILY if the warriors who think they can scare anyone here want to try. "

Yep, I can't get much more public than what I am with running this government accountability web site!  www.illinoisleaks.com

We have over 139 criminal indictments, 282 public officials out of office, and millions in savings.............just in Illinois! 

Taking the model nationwide! 

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2017, 11:03:28 AM »
 :police: 8)  That is everything to be proud of!  Your ancestors are beaming with pride.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2017, 02:50:53 PM »
Total earnings to date, excluding 2017.  The total has to hit $100 before they send a payment.  We are at $73.00 for 2017
26-Apr-13   Starting balance   0
22-Jan-14    Automatic payment: Checking  • • • • 085. 091000016361513   −107.09
24-Nov-14    Automatic payment: Checking  • • • • 085. 091000013962988   −108.26
22-Nov-15    Automatic payment: Checking  • • • • 085. 091000011741941   −105.49
22-May-16 Automatic payment: Checking  • • • • 085. 091000012239923   −104.92

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2017, 05:08:15 PM »
Total transparency.  How can anyone argue with that?  I'd have to ask a liberal...or CNN...

Offline RiverForest

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 07:16:53 PM »
One more comment: the advertisers should be paying you like we KNOW they are paying the fat boy.
Learning/listening mode works best coupled with a thick skin.  Share what you do know and what you learn when you can