alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Merry Christmas  (Read 5903 times)

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
Merry Christmas
« on: December 25, 2017, 05:36:52 PM »
What no Merry Christmas threads, are you leaving it up to the new guy, or is this a subject not to be mentioned here?

Any way, I wish each and every one of you a Merry Christmas and happy, productive, prosperous and healthy NEW YEAR.
You guys stay safe through the holidays.

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
Re: Merry Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 05:41:43 PM »
No I would say that this place probably more so than most others actually understands and appreciates what Christmas is and means to so many.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. 

Thank you for starting the Merry Christmas thread.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 06:49:12 PM »
starmac,  Merry Christmas brother,, I reckon you have a bit more of the typical winter for it up there?  but all the same the reason for the season, is ,: on this day a child was born, the savior, redeemer, the prince of peace,, and all that, I'm just paraphrasing, of course,  some folks know, others ignore,  the bottom line is all we know is in His hands, and I see no better place for it.. so stay warm! and Lord willing a very Happy New year,!

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 07:24:48 PM »
There was a Merry Christmas thread but it was under this year's forum costs and started by Kirk.  I can't remember the heading.

But this is the officially headed Merry Christmas thread.  So, Merry Christmas everyone, and a Happy New Year too.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 08:29:00 PM »
Yes we have white Christmases.  last December we had to go to Texas for a funeral. We flew into San Antonio and rented a car, the trees had JUST started to turn, and my oldest daughter commented how depressing it was with no snow. lol

This fall my son took a job south of Houston. I talked to my youngest granddaughter a month or so back, and she said she was ready to come back to Alaska, cuz they don't even have any snow there. lol

Online Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 09:49:33 PM »
Merry Christmas and may all stay warm this New Years Eve!  Calling for -8 Sunday! 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 10:34:47 PM »
Believe  it or not, we are suppose to get back up to around 30 above by Tuesday.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 10:29:36 AM »
-30 windchill here today.  It's so cold the salamander heater won't fire up outside.  I have to take it in and warm it up to get it to pump.  Guess I'll add some additives and kerosene to it.  The diesel won't run.
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline 4x4American

• Major Contributor
    • my website
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2017, 02:37:06 PM »
Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year...

Supposta be -18 tonight, pipes are frozen, wood stove is cranking, backhoe won't start, batteries are dead, I have the flu...wahp wahp wahhpp  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I should go down to Georgia  8) and work with that guy The Customer's Sawer   :laugh:
2017 LT70 Super Wide with under 10,000hrs

www.KnightSawmilling.com

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2017, 08:21:46 PM »
They say the Devil went down to Georgia...  ;)