alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Finally  (Read 20512 times)

Offline red oaks lumber

• Major Contributor
Re: Finally
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2018, 10:39:40 AM »
the only wood iv'e handled this past week was firewood >:( went below zero a week ago last sunday and haven't seen zero since. yuck!!
COME ON SPRING !!
follow your heart, the rest will happen

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2018, 12:08:33 PM »
Thought about you guys ROL, talking with Christy this morning, I said bout the only people happy are probably the Ice fisherman, and I saw something about the Lake freezing over at Milwaukee to the Michigan side?  Thats crazy cold stuff, yes I'm ready for spring time too!

Offline mountainlake

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2018, 02:56:24 PM »

Still on vacation as the temps haven't risen much above 0,  Sat and Sunday vacation will end 15 to 25 above.  Steve

Offline mountainlake

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2018, 03:00:19 AM »

Its -15 this morning. longest cold spell in years.  The woodpile is going down fast.  Steve

Offline xlogger

• Major Contributor
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 03:46:00 AM »
It's 14 here and staying below freezing till Monday. Our longest cold span I can remember. I've not crank the mill all week.

Offline xlogger

• Major Contributor
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2018, 06:52:57 AM »
Now showing 7 degrees out there. Not real for this area >:(
Can't keep enough wood in wood stove for this.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2018, 10:17:06 AM »
Colder than a well digger's ass.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2018, 02:52:45 PM »
Got to Chicago this morning. -2 F before wind chill.  Rather balmy.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2018, 11:41:31 PM »
Drove through Corvallis, OR today and it was 55F but it was a cool 51F when I got home!  Had to wear a hoody sweat shirt all day.
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2018, 10:30:30 AM »
OH!  The HUMANITY!  Are you all right?  lol

Nice day today (apparently).  Up to 9.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2018, 12:55:03 PM »
Well we finally, finally had enough below zero days to set the road up to where we could get back in to the woods.
I hauled a load out Thursday, started out below zero, but warmed to a beautiful 9 degrees.
Friday was clear and warmed up to 18 degrees, there are points on the log road that you can see for miles and miles, some places you can see the river valley that is miles away and some where you can see the minto lakes from miles away. Life just doesn't get any better than the sun coming up while you are on a log road on clear days.
The sun on the snow was bright enough yesterday on the snow, that I had to wear sunglasses, anytime the road lined up with the sun, it totally blinded you.

It is funny, there is a spot on the log road where you can get a great view of the minto lakes 10 miles from where we are logging. We are actually logging on the banks of one of them, it is not over 200 yards or so to the water, but only one place that you can get the tiniest glimpse of the water.

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2018, 01:07:53 PM »
Starmac, I guess you have to hustle to get much done with the limited daylight hours, at least the days are growing longer,

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2018, 03:17:07 PM »
Shoot man, we have lights, in fact we actually invest more than the average Joe in some of the best lighting money can buy.
My haul road truck has 3600 bucks worth of hid's on it, but I can make her daylight anytime, except for dusk.
My log truck I get buy with just one set of hid's, but that is all that is needed on slow log roads.

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2018, 03:21:20 PM »
Another thing is, when the whole world is snow white, you can actually see the road better at night, daytime it is sometimes hard to make out where the edge of the road is.

Offline xlogger

• Major Contributor
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2018, 04:10:28 AM »
4 degrees here this morning, unreal for us. We broke the longest record on file for hours under 32 degrees now. Starting to warm up tomorrow near 40.

showing 1 now >:(
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 04:26:45 AM by xlogger »

Offline mountainlake

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2018, 05:51:21 AM »

Back to sawing   +14 right now getting to the upper 20's today.   Steve

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2018, 09:35:54 AM »
Back to sawing   +14 right now getting to the upper 20's today.   Steve
Well that was a short enough vacation!  Freezing rain here for now, got half way to town and doubled back, windshield freezing over pretty good,