alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Is anyone on here attending the Expo Richmond forestry show?  (Read 7277 times)

Offline RiverForest

• Contributor
Biannual show at the Richmond (VA) International Raceway, put on on by VA Tech and the Virginia Forest Products Association.  Marty Parsons of Wood-Mizer tells me it is the biggest show of the year for them, 2 tractor trailer loads of mills and accessories being brought in for them alone.

http://www.exporichmond.com/

I know Richard Thompson of Kasco is coming, anyone else?

830-5 PM tomorrow and to 3 PM on Saturday.
Learning/listening mode works best coupled with a thick skin.  Share what you do know and what you learn when you can

Online Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
Re: Is anyone on here attending the Expo Richmond forestry show?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 10:07:34 AM »
If it was the next town over I might attend, but way too far away for this boy.  Hope you have fun and enjoy yourself.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 02:25:34 PM »
Too short of a notice for me!
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 03:15:22 PM »
Wrong side of the country for me.  It would be a very long drive.  Yes I have heard of that thing called an airplane.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Online Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 09:56:04 AM »
"Yes I have heard of that thing called an airplane"  lol
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline Kojba

• Major Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 06:32:18 PM »
I live just 1 hour from Richmond, went to the expo, and got soaking wet.  The expo there is always a good time, but several roads into Richmond (backroads) were closed due to flooding.  After seeing the second "Road Closed" sign, you would have thought that I would have gotten the message.  Never the brightest bulb on the tree, I ventured forward Friday afternoon, and found the place nearly empty.  I wanted to see a Baker 3665 running, but the crew was snugly set under a tent, no where near the mill.  I did get a chance to look at it, check out the blue paint, and smell the diesel.   Woodmizer had several saws there, some had been run, and the folks at Woodmizer PA were willing to run a mill for anyone brave enough to stand in the downpour.  I own a Lt 40 hd 35, but would have loved to see the LT50 with diesel run through a log or two...  Maybe next time!
Keep Ole Joe Boy Alive
or
Kiss Ole Joe Boy's Ass

Online Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 09:50:20 AM »
I wouldn't say that you aren't the brightest bulb in the box, but rather you had intestinal fortitude and were on a mission and nothing was gonna stop you!  That mentality is why America got to be the greatest nation on earth in just a couple hundred years.  Other countries have been around for thousands of years and they're still kind of shit holes.  :o

Offline Cutting Edge Saw Svc.

• Old Timers Club
    • Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 01:17:23 PM »

Yep, I was there at the Richmond Expo   ;D  Doing my job representing Kasco WoodMaxx under their banner and in their booth.

To sum it up, it was WET.  If the news was correct, over 6" of rain fell in 24 hours.  Alot of flooding in areas.  At times, the rain would only allow a line of sight of maybe 50 ft.   :(  The weather undoubtedly had a direct impact on the turnout of folks wanting to attend.  If a person would've been selling umbrellas and/or ponchos... or even large trash bags, they would've been rich.   :laugh:

Regardless, it was still a great event.  Getting to meet and shake the hands of existing customers and doing the same with new folks.  Due to the low turn out, it afforded the time to visit with folks who had a made a point to brave the torrential rains to attend.  Nuthin like being able to put a name with a face.  8)

Looking forward to the next one.

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
 - Sharpening Services - Narrow Band and Woodworking
 - Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
 - On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair
 - Phone: (304) 878-3343
 - cesawservice@gmail.com

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades

www.cesawservice.business.site

Offline Kojba

• Major Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 06:29:01 PM »
Yep, I was there at the Richmond Expo   ;D  Doing my job representing Kasco WoodMaxx under their banner and in their booth.

To sum it up, it was WET.  If the news was correct, over 6" of rain fell in 24 hours.  Alot of flooding in areas.  At times, the rain would only allow a line of sight of maybe 50 ft.   :(  The weather undoubtedly had a direct impact on the turnout of folks wanting to attend.  If a person would've been selling umbrellas and/or ponchos... or even large trash bags, they would've been rich.   :laugh:

Regardless, it was still a great event.  Getting to meet and shake the hands of existing customers and doing the same with new folks.  Due to the low turn out, it afforded the time to visit with folks who had a made a point to brave the torrential rains to attend.  Nuthin like being able to put a name with a face.  8)

Damn, missed you again!  I'd like to have seen you on Friday, but I got there around 4, and they closed not long after.  I planned on coming back Saturday, but with all the rain, none of my "Wood" friends wanted to spend the $20. door charge if nothing was going to run outside!  When will Kasco/you be at another expo?  I occasionally get away for a wood show, but sometimes they are hyped in the ads, and not much in person.  Have you ever attended the "Portable Shootout" that is held in Ohio?  Would like to see that next time they run one.  The only thing I'd like for those shows to change, would be those "picture perfect" logs they mill.  I would like to see how a sawyer and a mill handle some of the logs I have to deal with!  That would be a show worth seeing!

Looking forward to the next one.
Keep Ole Joe Boy Alive
or
Kiss Ole Joe Boy's Ass

Offline Kojba

• Major Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 06:30:37 PM »
Oops again.  Guess you can't win them all.  Next time I'll skip down to type.  ::) ::)
Keep Ole Joe Boy Alive
or
Kiss Ole Joe Boy's Ass