alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Huntstand (app)  (Read 7089 times)

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
Huntstand (app)
« on: January 13, 2018, 03:44:24 PM »
My brother turned me on to this free app, for smart phones, me and Christy just marked off our west line, it has many functions, I just thought I would mention it in case you guys were looking for a free user friendly app.  Its called huntstand, the web page is huntstand.com its pretty cool,

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
Re: Huntstand (app)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 04:39:53 PM »
Thanks for the link will take a look at it
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 05:58:45 PM »
That may be something the bear bait hunters up here can use.
You have to register your stand complete with coordinates with fish and game, and it can not within a mile of any cabin at all, which looks like that would be hard to determine.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 11:37:17 AM »
This would be right up my brother's alley.  He sits in a tree stand or on a stone wall and plays with his phone when he's hunting. 
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline Cutting Edge Saw Svc.

• Old Timers Club
    • Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 12:21:29 PM »

...me and Christy just marked off our west line...

Accurate enough to use for property boundaries ??  Hmmm, this has some possibilities.   ^-^ 

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
 - Sharpening Services - Narrow Band and Woodworking
 - Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
 - On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair
 - Phone: (304) 878-3343
 - cesawservice@gmail.com

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades

www.cesawservice.business.site

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 02:09:33 PM »
As to the accuracy, well I'd be the first to say it would not stand up in the court room, but for a simple timber management job, or hunting as its' designed for, yes.  Our declination here is a positive 1-1/2 degree. So I choose to use the compass in conjunction with the boundary lines the program gives, which are really very close, and I stayed inside the line for good measure. The one feature I really was impressed with was the parcel info option, which gives the owners name based off the location of the cell phone.  So for hunting or any other outdoor activity, it's possible to know within a very close proximity of where you are standing, and who's the owner.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 09:39:29 AM »
Neat stuff, today's tech.

I remember starting off with the very first IBMs and Apple computers in school.  And now look what we have.  I wonder if years down the road my future ancestors will be looking back on when I was alive and wonder what I thought of all the technology progression during my lifetime the same way I look back on my great grandfather and wonder what he thought of the way airplanes and vehicles progressed through his lifetime.
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 04:19:20 PM »
Ox, my great grandmother came to Texas in a covered wagon and lived to see regular flights to the moon. I have always said that there will never be another generation see so many changes. She did live to be well over a hundred too though.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 09:43:14 AM »
Now that's truly awesome.  And I believe you're right.  That generation and the one after were the luckiest to have lived.  It's going backwards now.