alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: These Fellas got some skills...  (Read 6943 times)

Offline Cutting Edge Saw Svc.

• Old Timers Club
    • Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC
These Fellas got some skills...
« on: February 07, 2018, 06:20:27 PM »
Wife found and showed me this and couldn't be more impressed.  Those boys took alot of time to make it happen AND got it on video !!

Good thing there wasn't a breeze !!   :laugh:

https://www.facebook.com/forestryequipmentinaction/videos/1172454699555468/
Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
 - Sharpening Services - Narrow Band and Woodworking
 - Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
 - On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair
 - Phone: (304) 878-3343
 - cesawservice@gmail.com

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades

www.cesawservice.business.site

Offline xlogger

• Major Contributor
Re: These Fellas got some skills...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 04:07:43 AM »
Back in my younger days when I was logging I've done that with 2 or 3 trees but not near that many. It was good for the rope skidder operator to hook cables with all trees in one direction. Would I try it now? NO.

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 10:05:59 AM »
I'd judge that scary-stupid.  Any breeze or gust of wind and you're DEAD.  I was taught not to leave any tree cut and standing.  Just too dangerous!
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 11:32:32 AM »
That is really neat to watch, no doubt.  But by God my nerves would be rattled by the time I got to the last tree to fell it.  I just couldn't and wouldn't leave that many hanging like that and leaving it all to chance.  Nope.  Not me.  One at a time is good for this broken down fat man.  But a fun thing to watch from the comfort and safety of my chair.  Thanks for sharing!
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools