alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: olimpics  (Read 17761 times)

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
Re: olimpics
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2018, 07:00:54 PM »
The guy that is on the other forum I mentioned  son and his partner wound up coming in fourth. Didn't get a medal, but only one place out for the first time in the olympics, is quite an accomplishment.. I know I have only been on ice skates twice in my life, so what they were doing looks like it is impossible to do, in the first place. lol

Online Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2018, 10:20:03 AM »
lol  I agree with that.  I've only tried ice skates once and then I realized they were made for masochists.  Same with snowboards.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2018, 01:33:56 PM »
My senior trip, we, all 27 of us seniors went to Ft Worth  for a week. We all voted to go ice skating one evening. I had only lived in the small town my last 2 years in high school, and didn't realize that only 3 of us had ever even roller skated. lol  Within 20 minutes everyone except for one other person, who had taken a shine to one of our girls left the building and gave us the whole skating rink to ourselves, there were skates flying around at head level half the time it seemed like. lol
I never tried snow boards, or even snow skies, even though I water skied daily at times, and skate boarded quite a bit when I was a kid, I would hate to accidently step on one now. lol

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2018, 07:11:37 PM »
I heard some of the saddest news I have ever heard today.
The member on the gun forum that had a son place 4th in his class of ice dancing in the olimpics, posted today that his other son committed suicide on the 28'th. I do not know him personally, but can't imagine what he is going through.

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2018, 09:01:59 PM »
Wow
How sad.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Online Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2018, 10:45:02 AM »
Geez, what a kick to the teeth.  I couldn't even imagine.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools