alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Worried about your rights ??  (Read 9154 times)

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
Worried about your rights ??
« on: February 28, 2018, 08:06:38 AM »
Wear a freakin HEEJAB. 3 Muslim women detained for mugshots by the NYC Police, were just awarded $60,000.00 EACH for having to remove that black head mask.  They felt violated, exposed and distraught.

None of them better show up around here, unless they want to REALLY feel violated.  >:D

Land of the free, as long as you are one of the imported bunch. MS13 gang members laughing and joking in court, while the court is waiting to hear if the FEDS WILL ALLOW them to be tried and if found guilty of murder of 2-3 teen girls, PUT TO DEATH.

Gotta go before I heave my breakfast.  ::) ::) ::)

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Re: Worried about your rights ??
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 09:14:30 AM »
Imagine, 45+ warnings to law enforcement. 4 cowards who stand down and let the shooter walk past them. 17 kids dead, many others wounded.

And we are supposed to blame the NRA?

I think the left wants all of us to be part of planet Stupider!
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 11:08:40 AM »
There will be a tipping point when enough will be enough.  Folks better get right with their maker and figure out which side they're going to be on.

I just read that Dick's Sporting Goods will stop selling AR-15 platform rifles.  They just signed their own death warrant.  Who's going to go in there to buy their over priced shoes and camping gear?

I also read that Obama said he's proud there weren't any scandals in his presidency and that it was due to his supreme leadership and organizational skills.  He called them "mistakes".  Does that piece of lying shit ever go down?  He's that last floating turd that just keeps swirling around.

You also notice there are NO MS-13 punks lingering around where people are armed and (mostly) free.  Their tactics only work on the weak and defenseless.  I guaran-damn-tee you there ain't any around here even though NY has tried to castrate us as much as possible.

The world's boiling pot has been getting closer and closer to boiling over.  There's a reckoning coming, make no mistake.  The fact that this stuff pisses you off, Harold, shows you're a good man.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 12:22:49 PM »
Folks have short memories, Dicks signed what should have been their death warrant after Sandy hook. Iirc they not only quit selling ars, they would not deliver those that were already ordered.

This time it is a lot more than just ar's including several accessories, also includes their sister field and stream stores.

Several states already have some asinine kneejerk bills in the works, Mn is trying to basically outlaw anything that goes bang. As bad as Il already was, they have some more pretty heavy right reducing bills starting through the process. Florida had to tame theirs down, but still pretty intrusive if it passes.

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 04:00:18 PM »
Down here, firearms are banned. The Nicaraguans know this, and, they have been at war for the last forever. I keep telling my wife that one day, this will be known as Nica Rica. We have NO military, and the police are scared shitless when rounds are fired.

I had an encounter a few years ago with the local motorcycle hooligans tearing up the bank owned farm adjoining us. I grabbed one of them by their shirt collar and raised him right off the moto seat.meanwhile, I was talking to another that did understand my poor Spanish, when one the guys called my wife a bad name and she promptly nearly cold cocked the idiot. He ran home, (he was 17) and told Mommy and here comes the law. They said I had a gun and the cop asked me about it. I didn't lie. He asked to see it and I asked if he was going to TRY to take it. He said no, right after the wife told them I was a combat "nam veteran. Anyway, after I produced it, there was nothing else said about it. I say SCREW them laws. They can't can't put everybody in jail. !!

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 10:17:49 AM »
You done well, Harold!  I'd pay a dollar to watch that, I really would!

So why didn't the cops decide to enforce the no firearms law?  Is there no hunting down there where you live?  No firearms are allowed at all?  Sounds like a liberal's dreamland. 

If what you did was tried here in this damn NY state where I am you would have been promptly tackled and likely killed by the SWAT team that would have invariably been called in.  One of those over puffed twats would have shouted "GUN!" and you would be leaking from 30 holes more than likely.  And if you ever saw the caliber of the cops around here (most of them - I've met with two decent ones so I know they exist) you'd be appalled.  Most of them are those angry little guys that probably got picked on in school and want their retribution.  They act very hyper and twitchy like they're on some kind of drugs.  Very dangerous cops around here.  I've had several conversations with out of towners and they all want to know what is with the cops swarming all over the place and why so many people are always pulled over.  These turds will pull you over in a downpour for a license plate light out just because they like to flex their authority.  It's disgusting behavior.  My aunt and uncle live in Diana, TX and say they see more cops up here in a week visiting than the entire year down there!
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2018, 03:51:10 PM »
I am hearing that maybe the 2 asinine bills that Minnesota had pending have been tabled for the time being. The one in Florida had to be downsized before they can bring it up for a vote, Haven't heard how the Illinoise one is coming along, but still have a little hope.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 09:43:10 AM »
Illinois General Assembly just passed several gun bills down party lines.  We are screwed! 

Send your kids to war but they cant have a gun until they are 21?  Yes, Only in Illinois.

Bump stocks and Rotary triggers BANNED in Illinois. 

Belt loops are next. 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 10:39:47 AM »
You must be a responsible human being and an adult because you can vote at 18. (Constitutional amendment)  You can serve your country and potentially die for it at 18. You can get married without parental consent at 18.

However
You can not drink until you are 21 and you can not buy tobacco until you are 21 and you can not buy a handgun until 21.

Now you are going to be prohibited from buying a long gun until you are 21.

Do folks not see the discontinuity in the thought process on this?

Now I can actually see an argument for the age 21 deal but I see that argument applying to the mental maturity for not being able to vote until you are 21 as much or more so than any of the others.  Age discrimination is still age discrimination.  Equal treatment under the law.

I wonder if the ACLU (yeah right) will take up the defense of the person that goes into Walmart, Dicks etc to buy a long gun at 19 years of age and is denied by the new company policy, not law at least not yet, to buy one. 
If you are marrying someone of the same sex and ask a cake designer to make you a wedding cake they can not refuse to sell you a cake because that is discriminatory activity (courts have ruled on that one).  How is the right to refuse to sell someone a service (cake) that is supplied to other folks based upon their personal belief illegal, but the right to refuse to sell someone another service (long-gun) is not illegal also based upon personal belief (yes corporate decisions are made by people)?  Oh yeah it does not fit their agenda and the legal folks won't touch that one with a ten foot pole.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 04:48:22 PM »
I don't really care about the 21 limit, but I am all in on the legal majority question. If the government indeed says 21 is the age of majority, then we should not allow "kids" to enlist, or recruiters enter schools. No voting either....it is the kid's parents who are mature enough to vote.

I am sick of the debate. As I said, this is less about guns and safety then taking out the Constitution. Due process be damned, right?
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 04:57:15 PM »
Fully Agree Jay.    Here's something else that chaps my butt.

Jesse Jr. Jackson, 51, receives about $138,400 a year — more than he made as a freshman congressman in 1995. Most of that — about $100,000 — is workers' compensation and tax-free, according to Chicago attorney Barry Schatz, who is representing Jackson in his divorce proceeding.

The rest of Jackson's benefits are Social Security Disability Insurance payments, some of which may be taxable, Schatz said.

The payments flow to Jackson because he has bipolar disorder and depression — the issues that led to an extended leave from Congress in 2012 — and those conditions have been exacerbated by a "very difficult, contentious divorce" from former Chicago Ald. Sandi Jackson, Schatz said. Jackson's wife refuses to work, so, he wants to sell the 1.4 MILLION $$ house she lives in with their 2 teens.

And, why the hell does Big Al Sharpton owe the Feds over 4 Million$$ and nothing is done about it ?  Yeah, it's probably hijacking the thread, but, I's the thread ritter, ok ?

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2018, 05:10:23 PM »
I have some different thoughts, well different from the norm I guess.
I opose the idea, mainly on general purpose that is is infringing on a god given right. I will agree that not all 18,19,and 20 year olds have the maturity or common sense to own a gun of any kind, but I will say the same for 40 year olds, or even 60, I see it as an individual thing, not an age thing.
I have always stood by the premise tat everybody should have the right to own a gun, but that does not mean they should own one, it is just how it is.

now here is my thoughts on the 21 age, we have lowered the standards for when a person should take responsibility on their own life. I will agree that probably the average 18 year old is less mature than the average was 5, 10, or 20 years ago, but what are we going to change besides the minimum age, how long will it take before we start having this conversation, just using 25 in place of 21??

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2018, 09:00:49 PM »
I have some different thoughts, well different from the norm I guess.
I opose the idea, mainly on general purpose that is is infringing on a god given right. I will agree that not all 18,19,and 20 year olds have the maturity or common sense to own a gun of any kind, but I will say the same for 40 year olds, or even 60, I see it as an individual thing, not an age thing.
I have always stood by the premise tat everybody should have the right to own a gun, but that does not mean they should own one, it is just how it is.

now here is my thoughts on the 21 age, we have lowered the standards for when a person should take responsibility on their own life. I will agree that probably the average 18 year old is less mature than the average was 5, 10, or 20 years ago, but what are we going to change besides the minimum age, how long will it take before we start having this conversation, just using 25 in place of 21??

Well I don't know which norm you are different from in your thinking but I think what you said is pretty much spot on in accuracy. 

Some folks would say the average 18 year old is possible more mature in some ways (there are many that seem to think so at least)  but they are less responsible and take less accountability for their actions which are two of the definitions that many folks, like most of us, use as part of that definition..  The definition of maturity is very different depending upon where you are coming from.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2018, 07:33:12 AM »
Some states allow 15-16 yearolds to drive a 3500# deadly weapon and there are many wrecks taking
out multiple lives, so, do we ban cars that are capable of + 100 miles/hour ?  I have always thought that kind of speed should never be allowed on vehicles. Simply put potted electronic governors on cars, etc.

This gun debate is stupid as Joasis has already posted.

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2018, 08:04:47 AM »
Anywhere from 10 to 30 kids die each and every day in America due to texting/distracted driving....if the logic is true across the board, then cell phones are more deadly then guns in general.
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2018, 10:43:40 AM »
All these facts about continuity concerning thought processes with age and being "allowed" to do things is all correct.  The politicians also know it.  They're not stupid.  This is to disarm the public just a little bit more.  Any chance to do this is taken with great exuberance.  They don't want an armed populace, because this keeps them from having total control.  Make no mistake, there is a deep rooted shadow government running things and it starts in our schools and is furthered using the media for propaganda.

There is so much evil in this world that it makes me furious.  I try not to think about it too much because as a relatively poor individual there isn't much I can do about it.  And "they" have America so divided on so many different topics that we'll never get together to have a revolution.  Divide and conquer.  Check.

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2018, 06:18:58 PM »

Absolutely correct, Ox.  Do you remember when Nikita Kruschev said the USA will never be conquered by war, but, will be defeated from within ??  This is definitely what is happening.

I can still figure out tactical maneuvers and my aim is still pretty deadly, but, I'm in the twilight of my years and really feel concerned for my family, especially the grand kids and great grand kids.

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2018, 10:29:54 PM »
I already had problems with what the world had become when my kids were growing up, compared to my life growing up, and it sure isn't any better, or any realistic prospect of it getting better, the grandkids are screwed right from the git go, and there just is not much we can do about it, it will be worse yet for the great grand kids, they will probably not even believe storys they may here about life in my youth, much my dads and grand dads.

The only saving grace and the reason I live hear, is Alaska was 25 years behind the lower 48 states, I think they may have caught up a little since, I finally made the move.

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2018, 10:33:05 PM »
Imagine, 45+ warnings to law enforcement. 4 cowards who stand down and let the shooter walk past them. 17 kids dead, many others wounded.

And we are supposed to blame the NRA?

I think the left wants all of us to be part of planet Stupider!

It has since come out that they may have been ordered to stand down. I have a feeling the deal will be pretty messy, once everything comes to light if it does, especially for a certain elected sheriff.