alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Too funny  (Read 6118 times)

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
Too funny
« on: March 16, 2018, 01:41:59 PM »
On the OTHER my tag line list what kind of mill and some of the equipment I use, the last item is a few old huskys.
Now we are talking sawmill and logging equipment so I never thought about somebody thinking sled dogs, but I got a call from a member while ago, that actually lives up here in a bush village on the Yukon, and he ask if I was still running dogs. lol

Well yea, kinda, but mine are orange, and I have to mix gas for them. lol

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
Re: Too funny
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 10:34:02 AM »
lol  I've got an old orange saw too that's kinda doggy.  Old flat engine Echo.  Sounds like all of them old ones like Homelites, McCulloghs, etc.  Needs a carb now cause of the ethanol gas. 
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 05:39:53 PM »
Ox, have you ever frozen gasoline to where the alcohol/water will get hard enough to pour off the gasoline ? I have heard this might be possible. Would need an old fridge/freezer to try it though.

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 06:30:12 PM »
Ox, this one looks easy enough to try at home. I would add a little food color to the water before I pour it into the gasoline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onCG7mIprfE

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2018, 10:36:40 AM »
Yes, I've heard about adding water to the gas, shaking it then letting it set a bit, then draining off the water/ethanol that has accumulated at the bottom, then you end up with regular gas.  I guess freezing it would be sure to get all the moisture out.  I've never tried this because we're lucky enough to be able to get non-ethanol gas here.  It's the premium stuff with a premium price tag but all my small engine woes have gone away.  Unfortunately I'm still stuck with the repair bill and I'm slowly getting new carbs for the small engine equipment.  I'm about halfway through now I reckon after about 10 years or so.

What kind of gas do you get in Costa Rica?
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2018, 04:22:40 PM »
Watered down gas and diesel. All the underground tanks leak, so, water enters and leaves as the fuel stays floating on top.

As my buddy used to say, " If you want to live in Paradise, you have to be willing to suffer".