alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: New job hauling logs  (Read 5045 times)

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
New job hauling logs
« on: March 15, 2018, 08:02:15 PM »
Well it appears the dirt job I have for this summer has some logs to haul, but nothing like I have ever done or even heard of .

It seems we are going to be working on a reclamation project, and once getting it back up to grade and new topsoil spread, we have to haul in 124,000 trees, complete with roots, limbs and leaves or needles. lol
These will be hauled in side dumps and just strewn over it  every which a way.

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
Re: New job hauling logs
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 10:37:00 PM »
124K trees.  That is a lot.
Where are they going to get them from?
How big an area are you looking at for the reclamation project?
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 10:51:02 PM »
I do not know exactly how big it is but pretty big , the way I understand it. Believe it or not, this job is around 115 or 20 miles away, but adjoins a good friend of mines place, and the trees will come off of his place.
We will not even be getting on the road with them.

I need to go over there anyway, he had given me an old A model running parts truck, that I haven't picked up yet.
The day before I found out about it, my logger was over here and I told him, the truck has all the parts to put the truck with a log loader he had bought that had been vandalized back together, they both originally came from the same company, so even the paint is the same colors and scheme, so I gave him what he needs off of it.

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 01:55:35 AM »
Is the reclamation from an old mine, gravel pit, or is it a hazard waste site area that had  to be dug out and hauled off?
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline starmac

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 09:39:04 AM »
No hazmat, from what I understand it is an old flood control project.