alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Mobile Dimension 128 mill wanted  (Read 6046 times)

Offline gwoprisko

• New Contributor
Mobile Dimension 128 mill wanted
« on: January 29, 2019, 03:06:13 PM »
Hi,

I am looking to buy a used MD 128 sawmill with a minimum of 24 ft of track.

Or a Mighty Mite H series mill

Or a Timberline 4410 mill

I want to milling dimension lumber for a house I am building in Michigan City, IN, from on site
felled mixed hardwoods.
Please do not reply with admonitions to have the material graded.  I'm a Purdue  Forestry 68 grad.  I know how to grade, and I know how to get the grades certified.

I am aware that Mobile Mfg. Co. is in limbo.   The principal is in his 80s, and is retiring.

I also know that he was a prolific inventor, who did wonderful things.

However, thus far MMC has not made arrangements for a sucessor company to take on mfg of parts for the existing base.   

Further MMC has mothballed jigs and fixtures for making key components including the track and custom engine parts.

Further MMC vacated their premises.   The large facility shown on their masthead of their website, is no longer theirs.   They moved elsewhere, location uncertain as of now.

So, I am aware that a purchaser of this mill needs access to a good machine shop capable of making the required custom parts.   Here in Indiana we have such shops.   They keep our farm equipment running.  But making custom crankshafts and the like does not come cheap.

I am also aware that MMC is advising would be sellers of these mills to demand $$ equal or better than they want for a new mill, even though they quit making them.

That said,  I'm looking for a MD 128 mill in operating condition 1990 or later.   

Terms FOB CASH.

My phone is 321-212-9596

Email is indy@pri.asia

Or if there is a current production mill with both vertical and horizontal saws that works like the MD 128, I'm willing to consider it.

Warmly,

INDY
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 04:52:16 PM by gwoprisko »

Offline DGDrls

• Contributor
Re: Mobile Dimension 128 mill wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 07:20:19 AM »
Hi gwoprisko

have you considered a swing mill?

FWIW call over to Mighty Mite in Oregon
they get trade-ins and buy backs sometimes

best
D

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
Re: Mobile Dimension 128 mill wanted
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2019, 02:27:43 PM »
Might take a look at the Turbosawmill--Warrior series, in the banner section of this forum. Simplicity at it's finest. Dealer in Ohio I believe. They also get tradeins, occasionally. I'm building a copy now, down here in the jungle, and I'm no machinist.

Welcome to the forum.

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!