alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Oil cooler  (Read 6446 times)

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
Oil cooler
« on: November 19, 2016, 02:29:11 PM »
On my new 3 wheel electric motorcycle build, I will be using 2 motor speed controllers and want to oil cool them.

Measurements need to be less than 8" wide standing up in mounting position and preferably having a single tube running side to side in a modified "S" shape with normal tubing for connecting with hose clamps, to the box housing the controllers.

There will not be a pump, so, oil enters at the top and runs back and forth as it flows down the "S" shaped tubing and back into the controller housing box.  Natural convection as it were.

Photo or measurements before making the deal, greatly appreciated. 

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
Re: Oil cooler
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 01:10:01 AM »
Copper tubing bent to shape?
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
Re: Oil cooler
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2016, 08:06:59 AM »

Hi Steve. Sawing in Alaska yet ?

What I need is a small radiator/oil cooler, to be mounted at the front of the 3 wheeler. I travel on a rocky road for 1/4 mile before reaching blacktop. I don't have a lot of space to mount this, so, was hoping for someone to have a used unit that is less than 12" wide, with a frame for mounting it.

I could build something, I suppose, but, radiators are very effective in what they do. And also, I don't need an oil leak under the moto, to affect the traction in these here hills.  :o ;D