alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: You guys are boring....  (Read 8485 times)

Offline Crusarius

• Causing trouble and breaking shit
  • Senior Contributor
  • Hmm what does this button d....
    • RockModified
You guys are boring....
« on: June 27, 2018, 09:09:11 AM »
How am I supposed to kill time at work when nobody is talking? geez... :)

Offline drobertson

• Senior Contributor
Re: You guys are boring....
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 12:54:30 PM »
I reckon this is a working man's forum? integrity comes with a cost I suppose, very boring, fact is you are boring, how bout that? Hee Hee! sorry you just opened the door,  its 93 and hot with an index of near 100, I just got new rubber for the rig for the up coming road trip to florida. I did not crap my britches today, so that's good, oh and I'm waiting on some hickory to cook down for a lunch chuck eye, any  other new you needing?

Offline Crusarius

• Senior Contributor
    • RockModified
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 02:21:34 PM »
well its better than nothing :)

Thanx for the updates. :)

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 11:06:18 PM »
How am I supposed to kill time at work when nobody is talking? geez... :)
Maybe work it to death?
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline Crusarius

• Senior Contributor
    • RockModified
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 06:49:32 AM »
That sounds like an awful lot of work...

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 01:08:25 PM »
Hey I resemble that remark. ;D
I am not boring.   :-\
I am steady, reliable, predictable, staid, reluctant to pontificate in most cases.........
Ok you are right, I am boring.
Oh well
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline Tom the Sawyer

• Tom the Sawyer
  • Major Contributor
  • Converting logs to lumber at your home or mine.
    • Tom the Sawyer Portable Sawmill Service
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 02:16:52 PM »
I normally don't comment, unless I think I have something that adds to the topic - so my comment numbers are low.   ;)

I milled on-site yesterday, 1500 bf of walnut, hackberry, red oak, and white oak.  Trees removed from a new subdivision construction site.  Heavy equipment moving all around us, muddy, and no shade.  Heat index hit 116 before we got done but I take shade with me (a 9' diameter patio umbrella w/stand), and drank lots of fluids.  I tell you, when the gate slams on a huge dump truck, and you don't expect it, you're wondering what just blew up on the mill.   :o

Friday's client called to postpone due to the heat, yippee.  Should hit 100 here today. 
Timberking B-20, log arch, F350 flatbed dump,
20' Trailer w/ log loading arch, Princeton forklift, Bobcat S250 w/ Frostbite grapple.  Nyle L200M kiln.

Offline Kojba

• Major Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 06:23:07 PM »
Tom the Sawyer,
What state are you in?  It's been muggy here in VA, and it's supposed to hit 97 degrees Monday.  Rain, rain, rain, is all we have here.  Roads blown out, fields under water, too muddy to get in the fields, and too much trash in the river to fish... bummer.  Other than that, I did get to mill a pile of logs on Tuesday, rained out on Wednesday...   I've got a couple of jobs to look at tomorrow, and hope the weather dries up for a while.  I've got a ton of grass to mow, been hitting that when I can. 
One good thing is about to happen, the wife is heading to Georgia to visit our daughter and her boyfriend, so I'll have a couple of days to do things I've wanted to get done.  Like starting on a new shop/sawmill shed.  I've got a friend or two that say they'll help, and usually do.  I repay by cutting some logs for them, giving some lumber for their family projects, etc.  Easy on the wallet, good for the neighborly thing....
Keep Ole Joe Boy Alive
or
Kiss Ole Joe Boy's Ass

Offline Tom the Sawyer

• Tom the Sawyer
  • Major Contributor
  • Converting logs to lumber at your home or mine.
    • Tom the Sawyer Portable Sawmill Service
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 07:32:14 PM »
Kojba,
I'm in Johnson County, Kansas; between Overland Park and Lawrence.  I am the only active, portable bandsaw mill working in the KC metro area so I cover about 18,000 square miles - and I'm retired.  I'll work any day of the week... but not every day of the week.  ;)
Timberking B-20, log arch, F350 flatbed dump,
20' Trailer w/ log loading arch, Princeton forklift, Bobcat S250 w/ Frostbite grapple.  Nyle L200M kiln.

Offline Kojba

• Major Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 09:11:25 PM »
You're a smart man Tom... better to work when you want, than to work when you have to!  It's far more enjoyable to make money and have a little left over.  I just don't seem to have too much left over!  I also noticed you own a TK B-20.  I've seen one milling before, and I think it may be the best mill TK ever made.  Seems to be a reliable, hard working mill.  You also have a few hours of enjoyment with yours!  I don't understand why the TK 1200 isn't more popular on the forum sites.  I've watched those mill also, and the size and ruggedness was very impressive to me.  Seemed like a lot of mill for the price.  The saw bed on the 1200 impressed me the most.  Seemed to be more solid, compared to other brands.  I guess mostly all mills are made well now.  Forums like this could make, or ruin a shady manufacturer.   :laugh:
'
Keep Ole Joe Boy Alive
or
Kiss Ole Joe Boy's Ass

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2018, 06:42:11 AM »
Most of us on this forum are older guys that have been at this a wile and know where the bear shat in the buckwheat. Also many are not welcome elsewhere. Or maybe were just doing it instead of talking about it. Newbies tend to go elsewhere. Frank C.

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2018, 06:44:37 AM »
I'm just busy! 
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Kojba

• Major Contributor
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2018, 10:48:11 AM »
If you're not busy, you're not working! ;D  I just like to check the net, instead of watching the Trump bashing media and "Hollywood Dope heads".  If they had programming on TV, like they did back in the day, I wouldn't even own a computer.  We get over 200 channels with Dish TV, and only two or three are worth watching.  The rest are just "filler shows", not worth a second look. 

As far as work is concerned, I stay busy trying to make a buck.  I've been a licensed Electrican for 40 years, CTE teacher for 23 years, and farming part time for as long as I can remember.  My grandfather was a Carpenter/Waterman/Sawmill guy, and my love for the water and outdoors could be attributed to his influence.  My family was never rich, but all lived a good life; working hard and raising a family.  How much more could you ask for?? ;)
Keep Ole Joe Boy Alive
or
Kiss Ole Joe Boy's Ass