alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Life below Zero  (Read 4843 times)

Offline Kojba

• Major Contributor
Life below Zero
« on: July 04, 2018, 04:11:16 PM »
Took a time out and turned on the NGO show, titled "Life Below Zero".    One of the people on the show was running an old LT 40 woodmizer.  Pretty cool to see a mill on TV, exceptional to see one similar to your own.  ;D  The gentleman who was milling there said he liked to mill because he enjoyed gathering up the logs, and the feel of making his own lumber.  Saving trips to town, and saving money.  Sounds like most of us.  You do it because you like it, not because you need the exercise! 

Not sure if I've got the balls to make it in Alaska, but there's plenty of work here where I live for sure....
Keep Ole Joe Boy Alive
or
Kiss Ole Joe Boy's Ass

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Contributor
Re: Life below Zero
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 07:08:03 PM »
I'm retired and I wouldn't do it if I didn't like it. It gives me something to do and something to sell and barter with. Also an excuse to have some spiffy equipment. In this world today we are all just one cog in a wheel and rarely can we take a raw material and fully process it into something valuable and needed by many. Frank C.