alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Family History  (Read 6222 times)

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Family History
« on: April 04, 2008, 06:57:37 PM »
My wife has found a 93 year old cousin in California and has been emailing back and forth learning about her family.  We had found out several months ago that her 5th great grandfather was John Hawkin, the founder of the Hawkin rifle that tamed the west. 

She found out today that one of her great grandmothers (not sure what number) was Ann Studabaker, founders of the Studabaker automobile.

What has been so interesting for both my wife and I has been hearing this womans stories about Alaska. She spends every summer up there and this year is no different.  She is writing her third book, "Captive,sold for a horse and a mule".  It tells the true story about a Spanish girl who had been stolen by the comanches from her home in Mexico. That woman was my wifes cousins great great grandmother. 

Its realy neat to see the joy it brings my wife to learn about her families great history!

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Frank Pender - AKA "Tail Gunner"

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
    • www.TanglewoodTimber@aol.com
Re: Family History
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 09:18:44 PM »
So you are guilty by way of being the husband. 

Some name meaning here: Pender mean, One who rounds up stray cattle.   ;D :D :D