alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: resaw  (Read 6928 times)

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
resaw
« on: April 11, 2008, 01:05:44 AM »
How good does a band mill work as a resaw?  I see WM has a resaw attachment for there mill.  Anybody have experience with that?  How does that work?
A guy I contract saw to keeps looking for a resaw and asked me if my Lucas would do it and then today asked if I thought a Mobile D would work. 
Told him both times he could do better with a real band resaw mill because of the kerf.  He wants 1"  flooring out of cants and his saw is a wide kerf head rig.

Stevem
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
Re: resaw
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 05:20:16 PM »
The resaw attachement WM has works very well.  Although a little high in my opinion it does work well and is on my list of future purchases.  The head stays stationary and the board is pushed through the blade. 

Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!