alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Computers  (Read 6442 times)

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
Computers
« on: December 08, 2018, 04:57:32 PM »
 Spacebar.quit.working.--Any.helpful.advice.would.be.greatly.appreciated.--Thanks

Offline Stevem

• Old Timers Club
Re: Computers
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 10:57:51 PM »
All the keys and even the spacer will pop off a key board (small screw driver to lift up) and push down to reinstall.
Under the keys there pressure points (switches) that you might be able to clean with alcohol on a swab. If there is a membrane you might need to take off several adjoining keys to get to the electrical contacts.
You can't break it if it's already broke! ;)
Stevem
Because you can doesn't mean you should!

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 07:22:09 AM »
Thanks.Steve
Popped.off.the.bar.and.cleaned.around.the.button.
Did.no.good.
Getting.clumsy.so.not.wanting.to.further.break.stuff.

Offline Crusarius

• Causing trouble and breaking shit
  • Senior Contributor
  • Hmm what does this button d....
    • RockModified
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 08:38:25 AM »
Replace it.

Funny thing is I was starting to have a ton of issues with my old logitech keyboard and mouse. So I decided time for a new one. well the new mouse lasted a total of 3 days before it took a shit. Hard to get used to a new keyboard. I think this set is going back and I am going to stay away from logitech for a bit.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 09:17:14 AM »
I have a spare keyboard if you need one.  It is a plain jane model from a Dell.  It is black and about as small of a footprint as it can be with all the keys one needs.  This style has been used in offices and millions have been produced, I'm sure.  It has the typical USB plug interface.  We buy our computers from our local school when they upgrade and get good deals on this equipment. 

I'm not sure you'd even get it if I was to try to mail it to you, remembering reading about some of your packages being pilfered down there in the mail...

Unless you're on a laptop...then never mind...sorry to hear about your troubles.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 01:27:14 PM »
I.might.be.going.to.florida.next.month.

I.will.keep.your.kind.offer.in.mind,Ox.--Thank.You

All.I.have.is.laptops/notebooks.

All.I.have.are.laptops/notebooks.