alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Happy New Year Guys  (Read 8205 times)

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
Happy New Year Guys
« on: December 31, 2018, 08:39:10 PM »
Wanted to wish you guys a Happy New Year and the best upcoming 2019 that you can have.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline joasis

• Circle sawyer
  • Administrator
  • Senior Contributor
Re: Happy New Year Guys
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 06:33:27 AM »
Happy New Year from Oklahoma as well!
Ladwig Construction
Hennessey, Oklahoma
    405 853 1563

If anyone has any issues, I can be reached at the number above, anytime.

Offline HaroldCR - AKA Fla.-Deadheader

• Old Timers Club
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 07:26:08 AM »
Happy.new.year.from.the.tropics.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 09:49:41 AM »
I.see.Harold.hasn't.got.a.new.'puter.yet! 

Happy New Year from one of the two armpits of America!

Hopefully 2019 will bring good things to us all.

Just read in the news that 2018 was one of the quietest tornado years on record.  Maybe God is happy that someone who follows his word is running the country? 
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline Kirk Allen

• Administrator
  • Old Timers Club
  • In God We Trust!
    • Vindicator Nozzles
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 05:42:03 AM »
Yeah, washington post had that tornado report claiming it was the first year of no deaths from Tornados.  I guess they missed the recent one in Taylorville, IL where several died a couple months ago.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching!

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2019, 09:02:24 AM »
Why wasn't it reported on I wonder?  I wasn't aware of it either. 

What would be the left's motive for keeping it quiet?
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline bandmiller2

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 05:00:25 PM »
Guess those "city slickers" don't know nor care what happens in hooterville. Our weather up here in the northeast will pester the hell out of you but it won't kill you. Frank C.

Offline A.O.

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 05:29:46 PM »
Have a great new year from warm South Carolina as well!!

Offline Cutting Edge Saw Svc.

• Old Timers Club
    • Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 07:03:39 PM »

Wish the best to all y'all and your families in 2019 !!  May each have a safe, healthy and prosperous year !   ;)

What would make my 2019 happier ??   A little less rain and drier/frozen ground conditions.  We've been dealing with this sloppy mess since late Oct. 2017   >:(

Pretty bad when it's to muddy to even cut brush.  As for logs... t'ain't happenin'   :(

Cutting Edge Saw Service, LLC -
 - Sharpening Services - Narrow Band and Woodworking
 - Portable/Custom Milling and Slabbing
 - On-Site Sawmill Maintenance/Repair
 - Phone: (304) 878-3343
 - cesawservice@gmail.com

Factory Direct Kasco WoodMaxx Blades

www.cesawservice.business.site

Offline Crusarius

• Causing trouble and breaking shit
  • Senior Contributor
  • Hmm what does this button d....
    • RockModified
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 06:14:13 AM »
last night I was trying to leave the adult beverage establishment. It is on the shore of Honeoye lake. the driveway is pretty long, slight uphill grade all blacktop. I start up the hill and immediately begin fish tailing. figure no biggie, I will just ride it out and have some fun. Halfway up I get the dreaded zing from the lost traction. I needed 4wd just to get out of the parking lot. Freaking ice storms are brutal.

I am really starting to want to put a hit out on mother nature. This weather is complete crap. Its winter. Give me snow!!!!!!

Offline A.O.

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 07:52:25 AM »
last night I was trying to leave the adult beverage establishment. It is on the shore of Honeoye lake. the driveway is pretty long, slight uphill grade all blacktop. I start up the hill and immediately begin fish tailing. figure no biggie, I will just ride it out and have some fun. Halfway up I get the dreaded zing from the lost traction. I needed 4wd just to get out of the parking lot. Freaking ice storms are brutal.

I am really starting to want to put a hit out on mother nature. This weather is complete crap. Its winter. Give me snow!!!!!!

So glad I moved south out of the snow belt.... give me NO snow! ;-)

Offline Crusarius

• Causing trouble and breaking shit
  • Senior Contributor
  • Hmm what does this button d....
    • RockModified
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 09:44:33 AM »
I lived in AZ for 10 years. I went to snow every chance I got. Sure would have loved to be out there during the latest storm that made the news out there.

Offline Ox

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 09:33:55 AM »
You sure you ain't fell down and bumped your coco?  ;) ;D

I think my intense hatred for winter comes from dairy farming up here for many years.  There are sooooooooo many things that go wrong in the cold on a farm I could write a book about all the stories I have about it, from silos freezing up, but only on the north side so the silage inside creates a ramp eventually so high that the unloader can't climb it anymore to tractors being plugged in, inside the haymow with doors shut and cows under for heat, and starting right up in the morning but oil light not going out because the oil was frozen in the bottom of the pan!  I had to lie on my back under the pan with a heat gun for 10 minutes or so to thaw it out so it'd draw oil up the pickup!  Then every day after milking (2x a day) the cows would need letting in from the barnyard, so half the barn would freeze and you have 50 cows going crazy because they're really thirsty after milking and the watering buckets' buttons are all froze up, so at the end of chores morning and night you got to go along with a bucket of hot water and a cup to thaw them out.  Added 15 to 45 minutes to choretime twice a day.

How about broken barn cleaner chains because the paddles are frozen in the gutter?  And frozen manure spreaders that won't open the door to spread?  And huge frozen chunks of brewer's grain and haylage that needs breaking up before it can be used for TMR?  On and on it goes.

I think I hate winter because I very rarely ever got to play in it - it was always work - hard work - and it wasn't any fun.

Ahhhh, the not so good old days...  but it was kinda fun taking a trip down memory lane and remembering back when times were much simpler and there was a lot better "feel" to my home areas.