alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: New hat commin...  (Read 6453 times)

Offline A.O.

• Senior Contributor
New hat commin...
« on: April 14, 2019, 06:40:22 AM »
Ordered me a new Husqvarna Technical Forest helmet #588646001 yesterday! Been dealing with an old broken Stihl for years and just got tired of it. It still had a good shell, the faceshield is still there but getting harder to see through due to the rust. Earmuffs broke off long ago, so it was just time. Past time probably.
I've read a lot of good reviews on this helmet, and like the way its put together, and some of the features.. Light weight, vented, face screen is out of your vision completely when its up, adjustable suspension, hold out earmuffs, stuff like that. I'll give a little review when it gets here.

https://www.husqvarna.com/us/accessories/safety-helmets-and-hard-hats/forest-helmet-technical/588646001/

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
Re: New hat commin...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 08:54:18 PM »
I have a Woodsy brand. Nearly identical but not quite.  Like it  lot but it is also getting a little age.  On the third front visor. 
I like the Husky UV sensor that tells you the helmet is degraded and need to be replaced.  That is petty nice.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline A.O.

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 12:39:32 PM »
I have a Woodsy brand. Nearly identical but not quite.  Like it  lot but it is also getting a little age.  On the third front visor. 
I like the Husky UV sensor that tells you the helmet is degraded and need to be replaced.  That is petty nice.

I don't think that sensor had any influence on "my" decision on this particular helmet but then I do not do this for a living, I'm not out doing this 40ish hours a week or anything. By the time my helmet would degrade due to UV I'll have probably beaten the rest up over the years that this helmet is in use. For someone in the business though it would be nice to know if your helmet was degraded enough to no longer be safe.
I liked its smaller size and lower weight and the venting so it is not a strain to wear it. Look forward to it getting here.

My buying that little sawmill last year has sure got me thinking and doing different with my chainsaw stuff. I've cut more trees down in the last year as I have in probably the prior ten!

Offline Crusarius

• Causing trouble and breaking shit
  • Senior Contributor
  • Hmm what does this button d....
    • RockModified
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 02:26:34 PM »
I wear my chainsaw helmet when milling to. It helps with the dust in my face.

Offline A.O.

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 04:22:56 PM »
I wear my chainsaw helmet when milling to. It helps with the dust in my face.

I use mine for, well, the obvious, chainsaw stuff and weed whacking type stuff