alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description alt image description

Author Topic: Dispatched a beaver..  (Read 24088 times)

Online Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
Re: Dispatched a beaver..
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2020, 04:56:37 PM »
Got my own beavers to deal with here in MO now.  Pretty wary and only work at night.  Relentless sonsabitches, I'll give them that.  If I had half the tenacity of those overgrown rats I'd be unstoppable.  Got two of their younguns though.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline A.O.

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2020, 05:48:32 PM »
Yeah, I've at least kept them down to one at a time though.. for now at least!

Hi Ox...

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2020, 02:31:50 AM »
Hey Ox did you move? 
When?
 You have been quiet lately.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Online Ox

• Senior Contributor
  • Trying to learn/remember something new every day.
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2020, 08:52:27 AM »
Hi AO

furu - yep, moved to MO starting in January.  It took around 3 months to do.  It's been extremely difficult with many problems and issues that would make your head spin if I told them so I will spare you.  We now live near Warsaw and have one more trip back to the hole to do a final cleaning and to put old place on the market.  None of this would have ever been possible without my extremely generous family.  During this time I sniffed out 2 more people who were basically like enemies behind the lines conspiring to screw up my life however they could by spreading lies, deceit and then lying about it when confronted.  They were my brother and my father.  I "divorced" the both of them and that is that.  I needed that garbage like another hole in my head, but evil and lying has no place in my life.  Now I'm down to my wife, 2 kids, mother, aunt and uncle in TX and another aunt stuck back in the hole of NY.  So be it.

In the process of tearing down and updating two White 2-105 tractors, one is 4x4, for hydraulic leaks and issues, then I can get to mulching this old farm with a batwing mower (that needs a little work too) to start the rejuvenation process.  Going to do small squares because there is none available for a huge area around here.  And good or even decent hay is non existent.  I believe I've found my niche.

Been busy.  Stressful.  Taxing.  But nothing worth doing is easy.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Offline A.O.

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2020, 09:05:53 AM »
Hi AO

furu - yep, moved to MO starting in January.  It took around 3 months to do.  It's been extremely difficult with many problems and issues that would make your head spin if I told them so I will spare you.  We now live near Warsaw and have one more trip back to the hole to do a final cleaning and to put old place on the market.  None of this would have ever been possible without my extremely generous family.  During this time I sniffed out 2 more people who were basically like enemies behind the lines conspiring to screw up my life however they could by spreading lies, deceit and then lying about it when confronted.  They were my brother and my father.  I "divorced" the both of them and that is that.  I needed that garbage like another hole in my head, but evil and lying has no place in my life.  Now I'm down to my wife, 2 kids, mother, aunt and uncle in TX and another aunt stuck back in the hole of NY.  So be it.

In the process of tearing down and updating two White 2-105 tractors, one is 4x4, for hydraulic leaks and issues, then I can get to mulching this old farm with a batwing mower (that needs a little work too) to start the rejuvenation process.  Going to do small squares because there is none available for a huge area around here.  And good or even decent hay is non existent.  I believe I've found my niche.

Very cool, you are in Ozark territory, very pretty down there. I used to live maybe a couple hours north of there in Harrisburg and used to take the kids down there!
So give us a rundown on the new place!!  Hope it works out for you!!

Offline furu

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2020, 07:11:15 PM »
Hi AO

My memory is that is a beautiful area.  I spent 8 years of my childhood about an hour northeast of Tulsa Oklahoma so have a little idea of the area.

Sorry about the family drama but glad you got out of NY and in an area that makes you feel good about yourself and life. 
Your wife and kids are the only family that you have to have.  The rest are just what they are.  If good then that is nice to have but if not then you just ignore them.

Good luck on the cleanup and clearing.  A lot of work but taking a brush pile of overgrown land and transforming it to what you want it to look like is sooooo very satisfying.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing.
Integrity is not just doing the right thing when no one is looking.
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one else will ever even know.

Offline A.O.

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2020, 06:18:11 AM »
My memory is that is a beautiful area.  I spent 8 years of my childhood about an hour northeast of Tulsa Oklahoma so have a little idea of the area.

Sorry about the family drama but glad you got out of NY and in an area that makes you feel good about yourself and life. 
Your wife and kids are the only family that you have to have.  The rest are just what they are.  If good then that is nice to have but if not then you just ignore them.

Good luck on the cleanup and clearing.  A lot of work but taking a brush pile of overgrown land and transforming it to what you want it to look like is sooooo very satisfying.

An hour northeast of Tulsa... the Miami area maybe?

Cleanup and clearing is what I have been doing on this place for 5 years since I got it. Very satisfying endeavor seeing the changes..